1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Fix Needs Testing 71754] Could not use rope to exit cave

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Rinaldi, Nov 11, 2023.

1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

11/11/2023 19:46
    Title: Could not use rope to exit cave
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1
    Blocker? could be
    Details:
    In sunless barrens, I used the restored treasure map to open the cave. I did my business in the cave, but when i tried to exit by climbing the rope to the surface, clicking on the rope had no effect. I finally was able to exit the cave by jumping upward at the rope. I assume that clicking on the rope should have allowed me to exit the cave (note: the rope at the level of the lava worked fine, it was the rope in the upper cave that did not work for me).
    Steps to Reproduce: see above
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32708
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8081
    SotA.Win.64.1680.Date.11.07.23
    Area: Novia_R6_Volcanic01_01
    Area Display Name: Sunless Barrens
    Loc: (-435.8, 48.9, -45.6) - this loc is outside the cave after i was able to jump out.
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfVm9sY2FuaWMwMV8wMXx8KC00MzUuODQ0LCA0OC45MjEsIC00NS41NTkpfCgwLCAtMC41OTQsIDAsIDAuODA0KXwtNDMyLjYwMzF8MzMuNTg1Mjl8NS41Njk5OTk=

Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
    Beaumaris likes this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #71754

3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

This seems to be fixed in Release 120 (SotA.Win.64.1682.Date.11.15.23)
    this time, i walked close to the rope and it auto-teleported me outside ( i did not click on the rope at all).

I am not sure if this mechanic may cause a problem with someone who goes into the cave, and then decides to exit before getting the chest (because exiting seems to lock you out of the cave).
    Maybe have a dialogue "If you exit cave now, the entrance will close behind you and you won't be able to get back in. Do you want to exit?"

4. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

I did this quest yesterday and turned around trying to get out and the rope didn't work but when I pushed forward it dumped me out. I didn't jump. Timer was still running so I went back in and made it to the chest. And didn't click anything or jump and it let me out and the opening was gone.

Rinaldi likes this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it was doing that before the patch for me. not sure whether to mark this fixed or not!