3rd Annual Mysteria Gift Exchange

Discussion in 'One-Time Player Events' started by Jakkal, Dec 1, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

Open to all outlanders.

Location: Mysteria, park area at Emerald Cove Market streetsign.

To Participate:
    If you would like to add a gift box for yourself or a friend, contact Xrossfire Bugseye and your gift box will be set up in the park with add contents set to public.

Players do not have to be a resident of Mysteria to participate. All players can participate.

Players do not have to donate gifts to participate.

To Donate:
    If you want to donate to a specific player you can locate the players gift box in the park and add your gift to that player's gift box.

3 Donations chests have also been placed for players that want to donate to random players. Donations can be made up to midnight NBT on the 24th. Donations made to these chests are distributed randomly. Due to the time it takes to distribute gifts, I will begin distribution prior to the 25th for items with a sufficient number of items of equal value that everyone gets a gift, and complete the random distribution on the 25th.

Players do not have to have a gift box set up for themselves if they wish to donate gifts to other players.

Notes to the Devs:
    If you wish to post a yuletide or thank you note to the devs, a gift box for the devs is available next to the donation boxes. A backpack with blank paper is beside the dev gift box for those that come unprepared.

Gift Pickup:
    Scheduling pickup on the 25th is difficult due to family events, so your gifts will be made available for pickup on Dec 26th or later, at your convenience. If possible, I'll have the gifts available for pickup on Dec 25th depending on when I complete the distribution of gifts.

If you have any questions please contact Xrossfire Bugseye in game, or Jakkal on the forums.

2. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I love this event!
    I have left my donations in one of the chests, impatient for Christmas to arrive :)

3. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

Excellent. Thanks for donating. Hopefully the event participation and donations will be as amazing as the last 2 years.

Koimiko and vulcanjedi like this.
  4. Koimiko

Koimiko Avatar

I am with Isabel this is my fave event.

Isabel Ayin and Jakkal like this.
  5. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Lovely, such a nice event!

Koimiko, Isabel Ayin and Jakkal like this.
  6. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

Dropped off a bag of stuff. Enough for you to spread around :)

7. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Ho Ho Ho. This is Scott Calvin, one of my many names. My friend Jakkal is doing a great job of hosting and handing out gifts that I wanted to do something also. Please post your reasonable wish request for Christmas and I will try to grant these wishes. Maybe some others would see a post and realize that they too have too much in their chest and bags and grant some wishes also. A simple 1 line of what you would like for Christmas and please know that even Scott um sorry Santa can not grant all wishes.

Merry Christmas to you in which ever way you celebrate this time of year.

My Christmas wish is for New Britannia and the surrounding area to be even more exciting and prosperous in the coming years.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
  8. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

Thanks for the donation. The donation chests are filling up quickly and we just started the event. ;-)

Isabel Ayin and vulcanjedi like this.
  9. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

You are extremely generous in your donations and filled a lot of wish requests for items last year. Thanks for supporting the event.

Koimiko, Isabel Ayin and Scott Calvin like this.
  10. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

If you're seriously giving us the chance to post a wishlist, for me it would be anything that would qualify as endgame-caliber gear for a polearm/heavy armor/water magic player. I haven't donated my stuff to a box yet but it's on my to-do list and will get taken care of long before December 25.

Koimiko, Isabel Ayin and Scott Calvin like this.
  11. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

What kind of polearm you looking for? I have specced Poles for almost 3 years now and can get lucky with 1 in 5 crafting :) Santa might be able to get something good for you.
    vj

12. Avatars Radio

We dropped off a bag of loot for you to distribute to all the good kids (and the naughty ones too)!

Fetid SirDidy, Jakkal and Koimiko like this.
  13. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings DalTXColtsFan
    A wish list is a way to hopefully get a gift for Christmas that is more useful. This is a great community and a lot of long time Avatars have collected things or leveled their skills that could be more useful to someone else, as evidenced by vulcanjedi's offer (Thank you BTW). Remember the wish can be anything just don't be upset if it doesn't arrive. Things like food, potions, equipment, Recipes, a subscription or monthly reward, or even help leveling your Avatar. There is 17 days till Christmas.

Jakkal and Koimiko like this.
  14. Eveara

Eveara Avatar

Yay!!!

I LOVE this event and was so disappointed I couldn't donate last year... Thanks so much @Jakkal for doing it again! <3

I'll make sure to drop by with songs to put in the gift boxes!

Jakkal likes this.
  15. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

My wish list this Christmas is anything dark or spooky that Santa has in stock to decorate my houses. And also a big sack full of hugs for my friends.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2023
  16. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

The gift opening for the gift exchange will be at noon Eastern time on the 26th (presuming I don't have internet issues). For those wondering why its on the 26th instead of the 25th, donations keep arriving late into the night on the 24th and I need time to randomly distribute them into the gift boxes, plus many players are busy on the 25th with family irl, so delaying until the 26th works for those players.

If you can't make it to that event you can pickup your gift from me at any time after that.

Thank you to all participants. So far we have 59 players receiving gifts and the donations keep rolling in.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
    Sean Silverfoot and Adam Crow like this.
  17. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

CICI has offered 5,000 coto's matching any NEW donations received. So far I've received 2k coto's in NEW donations, so with matching that's 4k coto's added to the donation chests.

Thanks to CICI and the donors.

jrs99 likes this.
  18. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

We are currently at 4k of new coto donations. Just 1k cotos to go of CICI's matching donations.

jrs99 likes this.
  19. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

CICI's GOAL COMPLETED!!!

We have had 5k of New Coto donations to the Mysteria Gift Exchange. SotA has an amazing community! Thank you to the donators who helped complete this goal!

Also a special thank you to CICI for matching those donations!!!

20. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Thanks to Xross for organizing this beautiful event, thank you very much to everyone for the Christmas gifts, and thanks to those of you who have left dark gifts in my box.
    I am delighted, you have been very generous.
    Thanks friends :)

Jakkal, Xennet, vulcanjedi and 2 others like this.