1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Need More Info] Dungeon room spawns one lich in each room

Discussion in 'Player Made Dungeons' started by Mondravis, Oct 30, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Mondravis

Mondravis Avatar

Had an issue where only one lich will spawn in each room no matter how long I wait.
    I had Coswald come run though it with me when he went in by himself it works like it should then when i reset the dungeon and went in by myself it went back to one lich spawn

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Mondravis, this bug report has nothing to work with. you didn't tell us the location of your dungeon or which lich room or rooms you were using.

please use the /bug command outside at the entrance to your dungeon and paste the result here.

3. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

FYI This is an ongoing issue I've had with several dungeon rooms I've placed. I've tried to debug it to no avail.
    The overall problem appears to be that with certain configurations, only a single or sometimes no MOBS spawn. I've confirmed that if you go to another room and fight something else that has a full spawn and then return, there will be a full spawn in the bugged room. This also means if you enter an un-bugged room with a full spawn first, the bugged room appears to work normally, which may account for why no one really notices this issue.
    It happens in many rooms (Encounters 2 and 3, Owls Head Sewer, Dog Room).

My hunch is that it has something to do with how the rooms are arranged and might be pathing related, or the total number of MOBS attempting to spawn in the dungeon has exceeded some limit. It seems to me that I encounter the issue more if the Rise Library or Spider Room has the connecting room, but that is totally anecdotal.

I've disassembled and reassembled a test dungeon trying to isolate the cause but have been unsuccessful. In some dungeons, even my very large 60 room one, everything works fine, in others there is a spawning issue. I have succeeded in rebuilding parts of dungeons an the issue goes away. Conversely I've made changes and the problem appears in previously working rooms.

Currently my dungeon in Harvest at The Jade Lantern (first row house by the dock) is experiencing this issue in the Owls Head Sewer. It had previously worked fine but I recently added additional non-spawning rooms no where in the vicinity. Not sure if that is related or there is some other factor at play.

Some other observations, this occurs in my test dungeon where there are no decorations and everything is pretty straight forward. That's why I think it depends how the rooms are placed and in what order. This leads me to strongly believe it's a pathing issue. Also, I see it happen with different foyers, so it is not dependent on that.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
  4. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

I've been trying to isolate this bug all morning.

My test dungeon is currently in a bugged state. Been playing with different configurations, removing rooms, re-placing them, etc..

Also tried it with another player going in solo and in a group. Same results.

My best SWAG right now is it's a timer issue. Seems like the spawn is stuck on cooldown or the timers aren't working at all. If you interact with the spawn in a non-bugged room. it jumpstarts all the spawns in all the bugged rooms. Could it be a timer collision?

If anyone wants to check out the dungeon in the bugged state here is the dungeon entrance
    Area: Novia_R8_City_Harvest
    Area Display Name: Harvest
    Loc: (-31.3, 38.0, 185.0)

Test instructions:
    All spawning rooms have a Level 1 Totem.
    If you go straight ahead from the foyer, you enter the rise library, you'll find nothing spawning, If you take the left doorway in the far back of the library, it will lead to the dog room. This may or may not have a spawn. If it does, kill something and go back to the library. There will now be a spawn.
    If there is no spawn in the dog room (I've encounter this too), continue through that room and enter the troll room. Hopefully that will spawn.

5. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Owsley I think you are close, My theory on this is that there is an overall spawn count limit attached to the "scene" In the case of player dungeons, the Foyer would control that. When the dungeon is first loaded, the rooms spawn the mobs in the order that the rooms appear and populate, it is likely that the order is related to the order the room was added to the dungeon.

So either completely random or based on newest spawned room added, the spawn count caps out and the number of spawns is reduced or eliminated.

I'm looking into it.

6. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

I have another data point that supports this. I removed the pristine spider room in my test dungeon and replaced it with the spawning version. This has now changed the spawning in four other rooms. The Rise Library now spawns 1 elf, the Dog Room 1 elf, the Troll Room now has no spawn, and the Rotunda now has a full spawn (previously the Kobold Mages weren't spawning). The sequence the rooms are placed appears to have an impact on the characteristics of the spawn. I removed the spawning spider room and put back the pristine version but this did not revert the spawn back to its previous state. The room order appears to be a factor somehow,

Ravalox likes this.