1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Fix Needs Testing 71867] Inventory Tutorial

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations & NPCs' started by ConjurerDragon, Jan 18, 2024.

1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

01/18/2024 20:20
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?yes
    Details:I followed the tutorial for a while, emptying the containers, harvesting the nodes - but now I´m stuck. I have the "Unlock Gate" quest active, have the Brittle Inventory Door key in my inventory (in green) - yet there is no door with a lock left to open.

The automaton tells me to open "the door nearby" but all that is left are iron gates and no doors. I still have not been to the western part of the tutorial area.

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics (12) System RAM: 64894
    GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics GPU RAM: 16718
    SotA.Win.64.1693.Date.01.07.24
    Area: TutorialEncounter_Plains01/Inventory101
    Area Display Name: Tutorial Encounter
    Loc: (-0.2, 32.0, -17.0)
    Debug: VHV0b3JpYWxFbmNvdW50ZXJfUGxhaW5zMDF8SW52ZW50b3J5MTAxfCgtMC4yNDEsIDMyLjAwMiwgLTE3LjAzMSl8KDAsIDAuNzU2LCAwLCAtMC42NTQpfDI2MS45MTI2fDM5LjkwODk4fDEuNDcyNw==

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@ConjurerDragon , you shouldn't have the "Unlock Gate" task anymore, because it sounds like you already completed it. It's talking about the Gate in the first room, the one with the treasure chests and other containers. You'll get the key from the locked chest, open the gate, and the key goes away while the "Unlock Gate" task archives itself. If there's a glitch and the task remains active, changing scenes should activate a safety mechanic and force that task to auto-archive at that time.

Since the gate was already unlocked, the scene should remember your quest state and auto-unlock the gate for you even if you leave and return. This means that if you somehow still have the gate key after the gate is unlocked, you can delete it at any point after that.

Because you mentioned harvesting the nodes, it sounds like you may have completed the tutorial. Not all the rooms in the area are used. After you complete the harvesting nodes room, the final gates open that allow you to continue and return into the courtyard at the center of the tutorial structure (where the exit teleporter is). Did these final doors open for you?

What does the helpful automaton say to you when you talk to him?
    1. I think this could be his "hello" response to you: "Ready. Begin conversation. You have harvested the iron ore, completing the lesson on resources and harvesting. Also, congratulations are in order, as you have successfully completed the entire inventory tutorial."
    2. It's more likely that this is his "hello" response to you: "Ready. Begin conversation. Welcome back to the inventory tutorial. You may explore the area and review your lesson topics. You may keep anything you collected here, although be warned that taking the apple is still considered stealing."
    If his "hello" response is #1, then this is the final response of the tutorial. If his "hello" response is the second, then he knows you already completed the entire tutorial and he has nothing else to teach you at this time. If he says something else in his "hello" response, please reply with the exact wording to help me look into any possible bug.

3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Yes, the door to the inside where the teleporter is did already open. So I can leave the tutorial at any time without backtracking.

The "Unlock Gate" quest persists despite leaving the tutorial zone and being in the overworld again.

The Autmaton when citing him to hear "Helpful Automaton: Ready. Begin conversation. You are in possession of the Brittle Inventory Tutorial Gate Key. Interact with the lock on the nearby gate to unlock it. Once unlocked open the gate and proceed into the next area to continue the current lesson.

When spoken to the automaton it says:

"
    Helpful Automaton: Ready. Begin conversation. You are in possession of the Brittle Inventory Tutorial Gate Key. Interact with the lock on the nearby gate to unlock it. Once unlocked open the gate and proceed into the next area to continue the current lesson.

Herbert Taraxacum: tutorial
    Helpful Automaton: You are currently participating in the tutorial related to inventory, which includes such topics as the hotbar, gear, containers, keys, ownership, stealing, and resources.
    "

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for all the details! I'll take a look. Issue #71867

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

fix needs testing as of 1695