R1 10th anniversary cloak?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duke Olahorand, Jan 29, 2024.

1. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Hi,
    is there any announcement when the cloak will be delivered? Or has it already been delivered?
    I believe R122 start was mentioned once, but maybe this was only the creation time frame and not the delivery.

*Salute*
    Olahorand

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Duke Olahorand, cloak delivery will commence once plaque delivery is complete, which i think is nearly done.

3. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

wonder how many of those cloaks there are?

4. Lained

Lained Avatar

Just the one, Ctrl+C > Ctrl+V

Pifester likes this.
  5. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

I sure wont be getting one. I started at R10 or 11.

6. Lained

Lained Avatar

The qualification for the cloak was to buy 10,750 Gold Crowns of the Obsidians during the livestream, I tried but the store was having issues with credit card payments.

Brent S likes this.
  7. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

The online store is strange sometimes. I bought several times from it over the last year without problems - but when I wanted to order the 10000 COTOS AND an enhancement of the inventory size in one order I was not able to complete the order. Divided it worked.

Duke Olahorand and Lained like this.
  8. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

Ah. Thanks.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I honestly feel that this was a bit unfair to those who could not watch the stream live.

10. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Definitely a head scratcher. They chose to hand out plaques to everyone who logged in during a set amount of time. And then complain about players logging in?

"This is due to some players gaming the system to obtain more than their fair share (chalk that up to 'we can't have nice things')." -Rav

They should have just had a specific npc in castle atos, (or wherever) hand it to everyone who asked for it during a set amount of time.

I wonder how many crown sales they just gave away by making that Cloak exclusive to the live stream.

11. Lained

Lained Avatar

It was a spur of the moment idea by one of the devs not something that was planned in advance.

Cordelayne, Sentinel2, jrs99 and 2 others like this.
  12. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I just have to add, I didn't mean to be so negative about these types of things. I know a lot of work was put in to have those plaques delivered, and I am surely grateful. I didn't know they existed, until they started being delivered, and it was an awesome surprise for me!

I have a lot of fun playing this game, and I was a little bummed I didn't get a chance to buy cotos for the Cloak. I like to help contribute to the game, and this was a cool idea, that I definitely would have liked to be a part of.

Its not really about the Cloak for me personally, I don't really care about stuff like that. It's more about just feeling out of the loop sometimes. I work 40-50 hours a week and I have 4 year old twins, so watching the streams live, just isn't an option for me anymore.

Maybe the developers could consider allowing those of us who missed out, a way to purchase the combination of crowns and a no-trade 10th anniversary Cloak from the store? I can't see the harm in doing that.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
  13. jrs99

jrs99 Bug Hunter

Then it wouldn't be a rare item any more ;)
    There's much harm in that.

Adam Crow likes this.
  14. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

How about a different looking one?

jrs99 likes this.
  15. Morkin

Morkin Bug Hunter

I don't understand, why some whine, that they don't get that cloak. All player had the same chance to get one.
    What about the raffle during the stream. Doi you think, that everyone should get the items too?
    That is life. some had the luck to be present and were able to buy some cotos.
    At least, i would say, they bought that cloak with the cotos. That was a very special offer and only for a limited time. IMHO it's ok, if the ppl who bought cotos, gets a cloak on top.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
    jrs99 and Adam Crow like this.
  16. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Yeah I get it. I was thinking bigger picture I guess.

Ok forget another Cloak. But what about another rare item like a banner? Same deal, 10k cotos. But this time let everyone know who plays the game about the opportunity to buy it. Not just those who watch the streams.

Sure it won't be as rare as that Cloak, but Id be willing to bet it makes the game a hell of a lot more $$$.

Pifester likes this.
  17. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

In a game with such a tiny playerbase, some people are way too obsessed with the idea of having something others can't, sometimes to the detriment of the game tbh

18. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

I actually dont care about the cloak. I hope nobody thinks I was complaining.

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I would've liked the opportunity to get one.

Cordelayne and ConjurerDragon like this.
  20. Umi

Umi Avatar

I am in Asia timezone so watching the stream would be difficult for me as it is near the early morning. Understood the time spent and passion for ppl who watch the stream that supports the game in this way, so definitely it is fair to have something such as special offer, discount, present during the livestream. But I think the livestream is not exactly part of the game so especially for this 10th year anniversary - which means a lot for those who played for years but not watching the few hours live stream, will be not able to have this cloak so it is quite unfair. - same for the plaque actually.

Of coz this is a great way to attract ppl to watch the stream but I think this is ignoring many others who played the game hard for years. Hope this can be available in store so all can enjoy the 10th Anniversary happiness (even a vault version).

Cordelayne and ConjurerDragon like this.