1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Resubmitted 71793] Problem with bloodstained map 3

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Flair, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Flair

Flair Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

12/02/2023 20:51
    Title: Problem with bloodstained map 3
    Reproduction Rate: not every time
    Blocker? yes if timer runs out
    Details: the map hangs up with no spawns until you run around map and it somehow resets the spawn wave and if you can complete it in time you finish the map. Please see video shown here. There is also sometimes 2 bosses and/or one boss will run out of the scene unable to be damaged. if i can get more video information i will add it to this thread.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 32669
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X GPU RAM: 12233
    SotA.Win.64.1684.Date.11.29.23
    Area: Novia_R9_Hills01_Libris
    Area Display Name: Libris Ruins
    Loc: (-15.1, 87.0, 42.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfSGlsbHMwMV9MaWJyaXN8fCgtMTUuMDkxLCA4Ni45NTYsIDQyLjAwNSl8KDAsIDEsIDAsIDAuMDI5KXwtMjM0My4yOTl8NTAuNzYxNTZ8NS4wNTcxNjQ=

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #71793

Flair likes this.
  3. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I submitted a fix for this will have to test if that work. Some spawn we're on each other so i just moved them away a bit. That could have prevented them from spawning.
    As for the bosses running out im not sure what that mean. The border of the scene are pretty far (i know they can go far but i dont believe they can go that far?). I moved them a bit from any wall etc incase they were falling throught map.

Flair likes this.
  4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I ran that one time. One of the treasure thieves went into a looped leash where it moseyed down and up the stairs from that area. I had to wait for several minutes for that leash to be broken. It did several such loops. I also drew two of the Rez guys, I think the name is. I killed one fairly quickly. The other one ran down and up the same stairs the leashing thief did, except at lightning speed.

5. Flair

Flair Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there are still issues with the mobs on this map running off. I have made a playlist with 4 maps i dug up today that show how the mobs are behaving and where they are running in the scene. You can find them here : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZFZHtfhiJV0_cicvIG4MyxNZ_iiBvca6. I hope this might help you guys track down the issues but i do know those mobs are running off and fighting the mobs in the scene also and you can see that in the videos.

6. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I took a look into the treasure NPCs and made some additional tweaks that will be added with an upcoming update.

Flair likes this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Fix needs testing as of 1687

8. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

I found the spot where the treasure was buried and after digging a bit the first wave of Treasure Thieves showed up... only a couple of thieves showed up. I took them out and then no more waves showed up and the treasure chest never appeared. I stayed in the area where the waves of thieves and then the chest should've appeared but the quest timed out and I didn't get any treasure and lost the map.

I looked in the chat dialog and it looked like a lot of thieves showed up (all waves at once?), shouting "I was here first!" etc. which is strange since I don't think I was even able to take out the first wave. I don't know where they could've spawned but it wasn't near me or the chest location, and if something else was taking them out then the chest should've showed up for me to loot.

9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

reopening.