Ancient Undead Warrior Drone

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Bonulino, Mar 27, 2024.

1. Bonulino

Bonulino Avatar

These high-level enemies appear in the level 3+ Prairie and Prairie Road random encounters when you kill most of the existing enemies and get the warning "You sense grave threat approaching". These monsters are orange named for me, who am currently around a 98th level adventure and who can handle tier 8 and tier 10 adventure zones. Why in the world are they in a tier 3+ encounter? It seems excessive to me.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the plus in 3+ indicates that there may be things that are higher than tier 3. many encounters have the chance to escalate to a very high level by design. this is part of the randomness of a random encounter.

Beaumaris and Ceal Astra like this.
  3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Answer 1: To routinely check that your eyesight can still distinguish between the monsters colours, when other wise you would se mostly green ones and that your reflexs are good enough to realize your situation and better run away.

Answer 2: As part of Novia´s Avatar Fitness program. Fight a bit and run for your life. Workout par excellence.

Beaumaris likes this.
  4. Fetid SirDidy

Fetid SirDidy Avatar

I havnt killed many of these guys. do they drop anything special?

5. Bonulino

Bonulino Avatar

I don't know. But I do know that when I'm farming Prairie Encounters for gold and the Ancient Undead Warrior Drone appears before I have finished getting all the nodes, I have to flee before completing the task.

6. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Ancient undead have a chance to drop the leather collar of giant slaying relic. But drop rate is very low and honestly the benefit to the collar seems very low over a crafted pet collar.

Fetid SirDidy likes this.
  7. Fetid SirDidy

Fetid SirDidy Avatar

Seems they need to revisit the relics

8. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Now if you really want to fight those Ancients...go to the pvp zones. They are even nastier. I do agree though the loot for the level of those drones is very sad. One reason i generally avoid random skeleton encounters.

9. Bonulino

Bonulino Avatar

Well, I DON'T want to fight them. I object to finding them in a tier 3+ random encounter very close to a starter area that I specifically go to farm gold without having to fight big bad nasties.

Belladonna Rose and Adam Crow like this.
  10. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

You don't have to fight them, it's a random encounter that you can easily flee when the threat message appears. Just run to the border and exit when you see them.

11. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Welcome to an open world where you can go anywhere and encouter stuff everywhere.

There are games with invisible barriers that prevent you from going to places too high tier for you and that scale encounters to your level - an open world will occasionally throw something at you that you can´t defeat and that will require you to run (or to perform a tactical retreat - or even to initiate a daring offensive in the other direction) or die.

Adam Crow likes this.
  12. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

i really dont mind fighting them except they arent worth the effort. The loot on them is worse than the other mobs in the area. So not worth it. Skeleton random encounters are worse than Red Sash Bandits in my opinion.