1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Connecting 'doors' between basement and dungeon on a lot

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Aurelius Silverson, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

I have seen past discussions of 'teleports' between scenes, but given the dungeon and basement on any given lot are supposedly in pretty much the same physical space, a 'connecting door' for the two - in the same way the dungeon entrance and the basement hatch on the lot allow access to each - could be very useful.

2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

In addition or in lieu of the normal entrance that needs to be on the lot or in the house?

e.g. do you mean a house with a basment hatch and in that basement a dungeon hatch? Or always basement and dungeon have their own exit and in addition a door between them?

3. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

I thought 'connecting door' was clear enough, if you have a basement and a dungeon - which we know need their own entrances from the lot - what else would a 'connectin door' be but an access point between those two? I didn't suggest a replacement of what already exists, but an extra enhancement to what we already can make.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this sounds as simple as changing deco placement flags to allow placement of basement hatches in dungeons and dungeon entrances in basements. this was tried when dungeons were first put in and was QUICKLY patched out.

basement and dungeon exits are return-to-origin teleports, same as purple balloons and sailboats. if you go from a basement to a dungeon and then exit the dungeon, you'll be in the basement. it becomes a closed loop.

Adam Crow likes this.
  5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

So that I understand that correct, e.g.
    The basement hatch in my home needs to be specific to teleport me to MY basement (and not the empty generic basement to which one is rarely teleported by the return teleports when coming from a basement and using the return ship).
    The basement exit is a RETURN that assumes that I come from my home and has no idea that I may have come from my dungeon.

The same for the dungeon.

When one wants basements and dungeons to be seperate entities only connected to the home lot, thats simple and works. And won´t work when connected.

So the question would be, can the simple RETURN exit of basements and dungeons (that hopes that one comes from your home lot but does not know) be exchanged with an exit that actually teleports you to the fixed destination "basement exit on your home lot" instead?

So that instead of teleport 1 --> teleport 2 and teleport 2 --> RETURN
    teleport 2 --> teleport 1?

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

no, because locations ON a lot can't be tracked like that. theoretically, maybe, you could get the lotstone.