Campsites

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by rild, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rild

rild Avatar

Couldn't figure out where exactly this post belonged, or if a discussion was already taking place about this on another thread..

In the last dev chat they mentioned campsites will be a scene created on the overland map. I think this is just about the coolest idea ever. Exactly the atmosphere created in one of the fan video winners!

I'd like to suggest that this could add a place for magic and skills like wards and alarms. There could be wards that reduced the percentage of a random mob attack, or ones that repel specific types of creatures. There could be high level wards against alignment (or virtue/antivirtue), or magic/artifacts that make your campsite invisible or less detectable.

This ability to create your own scenes is right up there with customizable houses. In closing, I want a tent that is bigger on the inside. :)

2. Hew

Hew Avatar

Sounds like you've been watching/reading Harry Potter ;)

I like the ideas. Full invisibility should be a pretty tough skill to master, so that everyone and the mother out there can't do it. But yes, good ideas.

3. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

Doctor who is the series which thought of the "smaller on the outside" idea:p

4. Sir X

Sir X Avatar

Since it would be boring to camp for eight hours in game time, maybe camps could be made to give increasing benefits based on how long you can maintain it against ambushes.

Defend camp for x minutes: players in camp begin regenerating health and mana faster.
    Defend camp for y minutes: increased regen rate + access to bank boxes.
    Defend camp for z minutes: chance for a vision (like in Ultima V). Lord British appears and casts a buff on your party.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.