What PvP Players can look forward to

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by enderandrew, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

No, I'm saying that the stuff is just laying around in the environment. How you use it is up to you, but you shouldn't get better stuff just because you want to hit another player with the sword instead of a computer generated MOB. Don't be like that!

2. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

Huh? Min maxing is PvE. There's no "best build" or rotation or anything else for PvP because players are smart and adapt all the time. People will go tanky or glass cannon or jack or all trades, then rotate and try something else. You're always trying to bluff and appear to be something you're not. If you copy someone elses build and try to PvP with it, you will get rolled.

3devious, acrylic_300 and blaquerogue like this.
  3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

right which is nothing! I dont know anything about SoTA and PVP, and ive never had to pull it out of my pants to prove anything, its called skill just like if you were a great crafter its all skill, speaking of crafters i think that crafting should be just as chaotic, as fighting there should be random cards drawn at intervals no matter how much skill you have in it, just like fighting, im still hearing nothing but your opinions which you are entitled too, but they are opinions none the less, nothing to prove here we all know you are just as avid about PVE as we are about PVP, to me and others like me in our opinions the PVP is far more interesting than you seem to believe but its cool you already have PVE to look forward too! We still have something that needs to be fought for, because it is important to us! That is our opinions that we too are entitled too! You need to tone it down a little and stop PVE bashing PVP people!

4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

You definately know your PVP my friend! Thank you!!!!

5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

there would be no talk if i pkd you it would just happen online. It wont be long until your entourage shows up! It is strange though that no one and come to your side yet, little too quiet out there right now! And now your going to report my thread really! Just for you i took out your buds name and fixed it!

6. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

Which game are you talking about? Lots of games everyone runs the exact same builds and just whack at each other (i.e. - twitch); that's why you have to keep checking the forums and continue to compete. You can easily keep up once you get going. Min/Max is the base for your character; once you are going though, you continue to shift your build to whatever the flavor of the month is and continue to leap frog people. You work out an advantage and you win, then they work out a different advantage and they win. Back and forth....

IMO that's why it's so boring and sad.

7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Hell yeah!! thats PVP! Thats what makes it so exciting to us PVPrs! Now you know why its important to us! personally you would have to do something to me to get me to come after you, then (ok now im giving away a secret!) 2 things would happen either i would roll you myself or id bring a healer with me, but if im a healer already a mage would work fine, decisions, decisions what would be best in that situation! IMO that is fun!:)

8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Yep thats what hes saying! Always has been saying that! Any minute now an entourage will show up! at least this time it will be a fair battle!:mad:( Apparently that had to be fixed because i used names!) so heres my edited version! :)

9. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I understand that you don't like PvP. But your criticisms just don't make any sense. There are lots of bad games in the world, and we'd like this not to be one of them. PvP is different from PvE because in PvE your opponent doesn't really learn or alter his strategy. It simply works just like the youtube video. PvP has a thinking opponent who adapts. So there's no best strategy just like there's no best strategy in chess or go or football. You will naturally play to your personal strengths or your team strengths and you try to play to your opponents weaknesses...but people adapt. People bluff and play that high risk move that you're not expecting.

People may play certain builds and counter builds in a closed arena. But those things wouldn't makes sense even in a 10v10 WoW battleground - let alone anything more open than that. Because there are just too many variable and no scripts.

blaquerogue likes this.
  10. Mattsy

Mattsy Avatar

That just sounds like competition to me.

Might be boring to you, that's individual. But I don't get what's 'sad' about people enjoying competition against one another.

Starkiller-BH and blaquerogue like this.
  11. Aegis159

Aegis159 Avatar

That's not entirely true either though Prime. In WoW there are stats for both PvE and PvP that you min/max to as a baseline. Builds that help mitigate CC, or spells effects, or what have you. That's what he's talking about and you know it. Sure, you customize the build to your particular tastes or whatever your guild asks you to do, but there are most certainly builds for PvP. Whether one gets "rolled" quickly or not isn't the point.

12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Yeah but in PVP your not building stats to fight a scripted monster, your building stats to fight a real person that thinks on their own, which is a lot different than something that has a certain path it follows all the time, in WoW i could watch a monster hidden and figure out his moves and attacks, they always did something like say swell up before they blew fire on you or what not, i could go to the dark monastery there north of south shore and watch the warriors move to here, then walk over here then give me a clear shot to sneak by them EVERY time, when i was fightng Horde those were real people there was only so much i could do to avoid them, or dodge their attacks. I think thats what he was trying to say actually, if i was a 30th lvl rogue i could not hide from a 40th level or above player, but i could sneak past an equivalent monster.

Starkiller-BH likes this.
  13. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

1) You're talking about arenas. Which, as I pointed out, is very different.
    2) WoW hasn't had "PvP builds" like SL/SL warlocks in years. It doesn't work like that any more.

But again, I pointed out WoW as the least open example. It's designed specifically about progression and gear will stomp build anyway.

blaquerogue likes this.
  14. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I know historically NPC AI tends to be pretty stupid, but that's not to say they have to be. I'm glad you brought up chess when referring to strategy, because the best chess players are computers. AI can be made to react to the player, and alter its gameplay, adapting accordingly.

I look forward to PvE that is closer to the feel of PvP, so playing both play styles feels so similar that we almost can't tell the difference. Then all this argument will be moot. We'll all just be playing and enjoying the same game, together.

15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

You know what i hate playing chess against the AI, its always 20 levels above me!

The one thing that worries me is suppose im with my friend and he is PVP and I am PVE, he gets attacked then being his friend i heal him or help attack that PVP and we kill him, even though he attacked now im a murderer and marked as one,Personally i wont just stand around when my friend gets attacked, so now even though im PVE, I am now PVP for helping out my friend! See i can see both sides of the track here, I am PVP, so in a scenario like that its wouldn't matter to me, but some PVE people it will matter! So should i not be friends with a PVE or PVP if im on the opposite setting? Makes helping each other a little complicated! Then there's the response well just join a guild and guild war! What if i don't like guilds? See how complicated things can get? when trying to put PVP and PVE on the same playing field?

16. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

Can we please not compare with WoW, I may have a hemorrhagic stroke.

99 out of a 100 times I cast sheep..... someone attacks sheep.

Ned888 likes this.
  17. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I am seeing a conversation over PvP that's both sides describing two different types of PvPers.

The Min Maxer that as PrimeRib pointed out, get's rolled.
    The skilled PvPer, the player that will pick apart every skill and will always have an answer for every assault.

I equate the Mon Maxer to be on par with the scripted monster. The skilled PvPer learns all the cookie cutter builds/styles that the Min Maxers use and trains to defeat these players.

The skilled player is not nearly as common as the Min Maxer, many games focus their PvP on this player. That's where the PvP ladder with gear grind comes from. It's also why the skill PvPer is always moving from game to game in search of a better game. They run out of skilled players to fight.

My problem is when the Min Maxers learn they are not skilled enough to take on the real PvPers, the ones that use their Min Max against the. Where do they go, not all but some, they turn to easy prey.

Akeashar likes this.
  18. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Oh, and don't get me started on the bored skilled PvPer that turns to attacking easy targets to either draw out other PvPers in hopes to find skilled PvPers or turns to harassing lesser skilled PvPers to get attention on how bored they are.

19. Aegis159

Aegis159 Avatar

Ok, we're talking semantics here because you know full well and good that if you're PvPing, even in the open world, there are stats you want to have min-maxed. Yes, WoW stinks for that kind of stuff because gear will always have too much of a factor involved. If you're sitting here trying to tell everyone that you don't have to have specific stats min-maxed for OPEN WORLD PvP in WoW then we're at an empass. And I'm not talking the whole Warlock/ Holy Paly crap either.

20. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

You know if i get bored in PVP setting this game is set up so i can go to PVE if i want :) So you wont have to worry about me ganking a lower level guy cause im bored, ill just switch to PVE and play it! Or i will move to a better PVP game, so Ritsra you are semi - right.
    Now if a lower level guy starts talking trash, depending on my mood i will fight them, kill them and move on with my "following game quest play" but at least in PVP i will have that option. What people don't realize, is that even though we are in PVP, we will still have a story line to follow, it will just be a little more dangerous for us since we can be attacked by something other than a computer generated monster , and if im attacked and killed by another player, by choosing the PVP option i consented to PVP and im still good with that! See how great this game really is! We all will have options!:) I think for that very reason is why i haven't just up and left this game all together. Plus i love the debates!

NRaas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.