Treasure Hunting

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by cowzor, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cowzor

cowzor Avatar

I remember back in the old days of Ultima, going treasure hunting with friends. Is this going to be in this game? Was so much fun, when you slayed monsters, found a map and had to get a treasure hunter to help you unearth your would-be loot!

Other ideas people have mentioned is about relics, weapons etc.. They could be implemented this way? Open your treasure chest and VOILA.. a decorative sword, or some other form of decoration, or powerful item with limited usage etc...

I liked this feature in Ultima cos you could pay people to protect you whilst you dug the chest up from the guardians that spawned, or you and your friends payed the treasure hunter, for his time to come and dig said chest up for you!

Could even have LEGENDARY EVENTS whereby treasure hunters pit themselves against one another in DEV run treasure hunt activities (seasonal events etc??), with clues to follow around the game world and eventually the victor could be named, adding a bit of competition and also increasing the winners wealth with business??

2. Ara

Ara Avatar

Yes treasure hunting would be great fun.

3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Something that I also enjoy - Treasure Hunting in Ultima Online. I agree that would be a great addition to SotA.

4. Goose

Goose Avatar

Dang, I'd forgotten about that. Treasure hunting was a really fun feature of UO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.