Community Based Housing!!! -or- World Based Housing?????

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Red Beard, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Beard

Red Beard Avatar

What do you think about the concept of Community Based Housing!!! -or- World Based Housing?????

2. Dusty Macd

Dusty Macd Avatar

I am big on community so that is where my heart is!

3. Red Beard

Red Beard Avatar

I rather only see Housing of say the 100 or 200 people in my community...
    I enjoy game art, and would not rather see Garbage from other users who I will never interact with...

I herd someone say that they were concerned about if someone moves from one group of people to another... how that would effect community housing.. well a single line of code that directs your house to the next available housing slot xxx tiles away... should do the trick...

Which brings up the idea of a refresh button to change the allocations of the random people in your world... those on your friends list would remain fixed, but the available slots would change... say it was 50 max people on server and you had 30 of those slots allocated to friends, when you hit the refresh button it changes the remaining 20 people in your world to different people, based on play, and house placement... if they have a house it of course cant be in the same spot as someone already in your world...

Which brings the concept of Free Open Slots in your Que... Say the Max peeps that can be shared on the Guild Online Version is, 50... well 5 of those slots should be marked for transfers.... meaning that they are temporary positions which a player rotates out of into a permanent position... so if you had 30 friends in your friends slots, than that would leave 15 permanent slots for random people and 5 slots for transfers... 1 of the 5 transfers should always be allocated for a new friend which gets priority into becoming permanent

4. Dusty Macd

Dusty Macd Avatar

Well apparently you will see other people's houses, you just won;t see them... I think this selective Online mode is very weird and new concept for this type of game..

5. Andrew Vawter

Andrew Vawter Avatar

I think the selective online mode is why the higher tier rewards have people backing out of the house options. If you've noticed while the number of people has nearly doubled in the past week the amount of money has only gone from around 700k to 950k.

6. Aos_Si

Aos_Si Avatar

No, amount of people with 500+ pledges didn't drop over the last week. It just means that most of the people contributed around $50, which is perfectly reasonable, I suppose.

7. Red Beard

Red Beard Avatar

I don't want to see houses of people I don't see... that sounds lame too me...

8. Baron Daniello

Baron Daniello Avatar

I think the idea is that there might be NPC's in the houses to sell you things that the other players have created. Even though you won't see someone doesn't mean you can't benefit from them. I think that is pretty cool. Plus...In real life do you see, let alone interact with, all the people who live in every house you pass driving down the street?

Lord Daniello di Martello Carradori

9. Ahjian

Ahjian Avatar

@Red Beard

Yea you could be missing out on goodies sold by other players vendors.

10. Red Beard

Red Beard Avatar

I understand the marketing benefits of world housing... I just don't like it... I think it will be a better game if the developers make the housing only associated to the 40, 50, 100, 200, what ever number of people you get to actually interact with...
    You are correct I don't go in every house I pass by in the world, but every vendor I buy from I do interact with...

Their are many benefits to my proposed housing limits,
    less mobiles in the world equals a better lag free game experience, and the economy will be based off a small community which will bring more value too items, in the game giving your interactions a deeper more rich fulfillment in the creativity of role playing...

if the developers make world housing, over a years time this game will be over populated with trash mobiles from items in peoples houses, and the economy will be chaos as is has become in so many other games...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.