Lots and Lots and Lots of Clothes

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by gingerale, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gingerale

gingerale Avatar

As a continuation to my previous thread about <a href="https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?topic=layered-clothing">Layered Clothing</a> I believe the game should offer a plenty of proper clothes.

Of course there should be the adventuring gear of many kinds. But I believe for a proper fantasy universe there should be lots of different clothes to wear. Not just the mage's dresses but proper clothes when you don't want to go around wearing your heavy plate armour.

From the very ancient days all those with the gold have been wearing fancier and fancier clothing. And medieval era is no exception. <a href="http://www.osfcostumerentals.org/stock/Medieval/Women's%20Wear/Medieval%20Gowns/index.html">Gowns alone</a> went from very plain to all kinds of fancy. And <a href="http://www.osfcostumerentals.org/stock/Medieval/Men's%20Wear/Medieval%20Doublets/index.html">Doublets were no different.</a>

So in the name of character customization and freedom, please offer a plenty of clothes to choose from. o/

2. cs2501x

cs2501x Avatar

Nice request; I hope it makes it into the game. :)

3. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

+1 Back in the SWG days, my Wife had her normal house, then a small house behind that was her "Closet".
    It was filled with tons of clothes and shoes for her dancer. Everything was displayed nice and neat.

I'm sure the more clothes, regal-ware, town attire we have, the happier she will be!

I've always liked the layered clothing look, it allows much more diversity then Armor Always...
    Plus, layering tunics, cloaks, shawls, etc add a nice flare to the standard fighting attire.

4. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

I wholly support the Movement for Lots o' Wearables.

5. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I hope there's more clothing than food. lol

People wearing armor need more than just one or two things as well. Customization is a cool feature.

Mages and people who don't wear armor need more than just robes as well. Ranging from the cool elfin clothing from lord of the rings, even Geisha outfits, and even to Fonzy jackets. Well maybe a renaissance version of a Fonzy jacket if there is such a thing.

6. gingerale

gingerale Avatar

Glad to see this is getting support and I'm not the only one who'd like to have options. Hopefully they'll be adding them! :)

7. Archaaz

Archaaz Avatar

Born and raised in Texas. Currently in India.
    I, too, would enjoy a wealth of options as far as clothing, armor, and other accessories are concerned, and not only by way of their appearing on a paperdoll, but showing up on the actual avatar. A nice, varied selection; from poor peasant attire to fancy clothing, and everything in between.

8. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I was really hoping that each city would have vastly different styles. The cities of Ultima IV-VI had vastly different cultures from people who raised sheep all day to wealthy trading towns to people who basically lived in trees. I would expect those kinds of things, as well as some kings of color or crest, to be featured throughout the kingdoms. I also expect to see some kinds of guild / faction tagging. Most people should be flying some kinds of colors.

9. gingerale

gingerale Avatar

@PrimeRib: That's a great idea actually! Having a reason to travel to learn to make certain types of clothes using specific materials.

10. Archaaz

Archaaz Avatar

Born and raised in Texas. Currently in India.
    @PrimeRib

I also think that is an excellent idea, and could easily lend itself to other areas than clothing and armor, namely architecture (I think I read that notion somewhere here on the forums as well), and also flora and fauna. I am not sure the interest, or even the practicality, but I think regional cuisines might add a bit to the game, anything to give each town/region its own feel.

11. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

Yes, I agree with the idea of regional differences in clothes, items for sale, food and ingredients, etc. It would give people a reason to travel to different cities rather than all congregating in the same one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.