Housing

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by timbusan, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbusan

timbusan Avatar

Hi all,

I see lots of housing for sale on the 'ad-ons' list. That's cool, it's an attractive proposition and I hope the contributions help make this game great. I wonder though, who really wants a house before they even start? For me in UO half of the game was working for and eventually affording my own home. Aren't people robbing themselves of that? Each to their own, I suppose.

Houses will be able to be bought through in game currency, right? I'm not missing anything, am I?

* Envy / Midian * likes this.
  2. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

It is the housing plots that are the important/expensive part. The house itself is separate.

You will be able to buy a plot/house in-game once you have enough gold. Once all plots are taken you will need to buy or rent off other players.........it's very similar to UO.

Kal likes this.
  3. timbusan

timbusan Avatar

Aha, that makes sense. Thanks.

4. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

Personally half the fun and the major reason for playing was earning a house so buying one for me is counter productive and since theres only goig to be a few hundred plots for everyone who doesnt buy one with cash it makes purchasig the game as a whole sight unseen quite risky

5. Bjorn Fellhand

Bjorn Fellhand Avatar

I don't enjoy the gold grind to get a house. I also don't fancy paying upkeep on the house or vendor, which makes the Citizen level extremely appealing to me. I just want to jump in and play and not worry about the gold, or the slim pickin's on desirable plots of land after all the backers have chosen their lots.

Olahorand, Arianna and NRaas like this.
  6. dontcounttoday

dontcounttoday Avatar

While I understand that, player housing and plots is a huge goal for a player in these games. To just give them away for no work but whoever can afford to spend their real life money on it, is not fair to people actually playing the game. Especially if a large portion of plots will not be available in game because they are sold outside of it.

I have no idea how many plots are already being given to donators, how many will be available in game etc, but it is an immediate concern to me as a player waiting to see how the game develops before I consider buying it.

7. Kal

Kal Avatar

incorrect, real dollars requires work

secondly, if they don't do this to fund the game then there won't even be a game for you to play

3devious and Phredicon like this.
  8. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

The devs have said there will be housing plots over and above the amount available for pledging or store sales. What is not none is how many or what percentage that is. Also, the have stated several times that housing is not required to play successfully so it is not unbalancing in any way, just a convienence.

Time Lord and Kal like this.
  9. dontcounttoday

dontcounttoday Avatar

Not required does not mean that its not a main draw to the game. As others have pointed out, the housing system seems to be one of the main focuses of SotA advertisement. That doesnt bode so well when only the people willing to spend $500 real life money on top of whatever else the game costs get to own a home (for the most part). I was kind of shocked when I read how many housing plots will be guaranteed to people before the game is even released to the public. By the time almost all new players get into the game and build up enough in game money for a plot they will of course be long gone.

10. Kal

Kal Avatar

nope, they won't be long gone, they will simply be owned by players. you can buy from them.

also you can get a village plot for 165 dollars on the addon store, the 500 dollar citizen pledge is not necessary if all you want is a house plot but the addon store lots will be placed last and so they may not be in the best spots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.