Lot availability

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sammanzhi, Mar 18, 2014.

?

Are you going to buy a lot with in game currency?

1. Yes.

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. No, I've purchased a lot already with cash.

13 vote(s)
    56.5%
  3. No, I do not plan on purchasing a lot.

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammanzhi

sammanzhi Avatar

Hail!

I hate to make a new thread regarding this, but I haven't found any clear posts that are alleviating my worries. My friend and I are on the fence about purchasing a town lot. We've both invested quite a bit (relative to what I've given other games) and are very excited for the game.

But what I'm worried about is whether or not there will be available lots. Now I've read that there will be enough lots to go around when the game releases, but I'm also worried about some that may purchase lots with their inevitable free time and there may not be any for the more casual of players. The wording on the lots themselves also seems to be fairly vague as they're essentially saying "if there's space, we'll make it available to purchase in game."

LB also stated that he wanted the lots to be rare so that people will not have to trudge through a neighborhood full of houses that they don't care about. The scarcity will also make it so those that do have lots will value their house more.

What I'm worried about is if I don't put down $165 now will I be out of luck when the game releases? I know this isn't something that can be answered definitively, but I wanted to get the community's input. Are you guys waiting? Do any of you plan on just buying a lot with in-game currency?

If this question has been asked time and time again (as I fear it might), let me know and I can delete the thread. I'm just looking for a little input.

Thanks!

2. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

We really have no idea whether 50,000 people are playing after launch or a million. If it's a high number, you'll probably wish you had a lot. That's the risk, you just have to guess. The lack of instancing around servers and housing means total pop matters much, much more than any other game.

sammanzhi likes this.
  3. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Everyone has a different agenda - you have to do what suits your needs.
    To me, the more important thing was supporting the game - that's what the fundraising is all about. Every dollar you pledge goes towards making a better game for everyone. So give until it hurts!:eek:
    Seriously, as of today there are 155 village lots in the add-on store, and 86 town lots. Probably less by the time the game launches, but we are assured there will still be some. Maybe if they raise enough money there will be more villages, therefore more plots.
    Of course if you get a plot associated with a pledge, it will be tax free. May be a significant bonus.

sammanzhi likes this.
  4. sammanzhi

sammanzhi Avatar

And this is why I'm not opposed to buying a lot: I really want to support the game! That being said, the cost seems very steep at the moment and not having a pay per month option (excluding citizen tier which is even more steep) means I'll have to make a flat purchase. But all things aside, might be worth taking the gamble and buying the lot.

5. Godra

Godra Avatar

I did not vote because I get a tax free lot with my pledge. However, if I had enough dough, I would buy as many as I could and sell them once game launches. I think that store cost is gong to be regular price and I think in game currency price will also be high. Get them while you can and at a reduced price!!!

6. Lord Ruinsor Rubble

Lord Ruinsor Rubble Avatar

i wish i had enough money to buy more than one property. anyone have any idea on what taxes will be? how much time do you think i need to spend in game pvming in order to pay my taxes? because if i don't pay my taxes then i may forfeit my lot and if i paid 165 dollars for a plot thats alot of money wasted

7. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Its not really wasted, the deed returns to your inventory. You will just have to wait to find an empty lot to place it.

Koldar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.