RP Flag

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eriador, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Its supposed that here is going to be some filters to make you see the people than can be interesting for you like friends, quest or PvP flag. What about to include a RP flag? This can make more easy the work for the filter, specially for player that want to RP in this moment.

2. Robert Reise2

Robert Reise2 Avatar

Denoting people who wish to RP is a must. The ability to turn your RP flag on and off would be great too. Sometimes when I'm playing I need to talk about real life things with people and I wouldn't want to disturb anyone else while doing that.

3. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I hope the RP flag system is even deeper than a toggle. I never played UO but if the world is nearly as flexible as it sound like that was, people should be able to make their own very different stories and find others of similar interests.

4. Gerahben

Gerahben Avatar

I believe that it has been mentioned that each character will have a profile of interests which will aid in matching people up when they are in open multi player. I am assuming and hoping that roleplaying will be included in this.

5. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Yes, interesting, but even with this I think is good idea this kind of flag, because you can play sometimes in RP style and others maybe not.

6. Archaaz

Archaaz Avatar

Born and raised in Texas. Currently in India.
    I think this is an excellent idea.

7. Viconius

Viconius Avatar

I do support this, also I think having ability to add free to type meta tags would define that even further.

8. Shadoweaver

Shadoweaver Avatar

9. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I like this idea...I'm not sure there will be flags though.

10. Grimkor

Grimkor Avatar

If they can manage to group people based on common interests when pulling from the non-friend pool that would be amazing

Im not sure if it would be as simple as a drop down menu with playstyle preferences, (RP,PvP,PvE) Like how most other MMOs break up server types. It will be interesting to see what comes of the idea.

11. smack

smack Avatar

I can see this being implemented as part of your matchmaking profile. You would have options to set:

Must Haves...
    Must Not Haves...
    Optional...

The servers would then match other players profiles against yours, pulling in people accordingly. So when you only want to see roleplayers, put that in your Must Have. Otherwise, leave it in Optional, or not at all (no preference).

12. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Must Not Have: used l33t speak, ever.

Please, I will have your babyies.

13. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

"This can make more easy the work for the filter, specially for player that want to RP in this moment.
    This will only make you meet different players less often, thus avoiding many opportunities. Why would you want to do that? I prefer to meet as many people as possible, it doesn't bother me if some of them are l337 guyZ or whatever.

14. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

@TemplarAssassin, maybe you want to meet everyone, so you dont need to use this kind of things, but is very obvious that some of us just want to meet only RP people when we are doing RP, because "normal players" broke all the inmersion, specially when we are going to play in a common shard with all the population in the same "server".

This is the reason why other games offer RP servers. But much better if I can choose when I want to do RP and when not.

15. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

Yea, whatever, to everyone else it will seem like a number of players (1000? 5000?) just vanishes from the game to never be seen again.

16. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

Templar: But if you're not an RPer or in to roleplaying, why would you care if those people appeared to vanish? I think a filter system that matches people with similar interests together is a good idea.

17. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

[Edited - Content removed for violation of forums rules]
    I don't care if it's Sir Gregory or Mast0rL33tSwordsm0n, as long as he can click around, gather loot and slay dragons. Ye, l33tSwordsm0n might not be as pleasant to interact with, but that is no reason to exclude him forever from my world.

In addition, during my ears of UO experience, I've seen many Mast0rL33tSwordsm0ns miraculously transform into Sir John, Master Swordsman.
    I bet they were able to do it not because they were ignored by the RP-folks, but quite the opposite.

18. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I was writing an answer, but I just preffer dont feed the troll. I think that is the moment to turn "on" the flag now.

19. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

As I already said once, PvE players are easy to anger. Which is wierd, you'd expect them to be less agressive than the PvP guys.
    No, my dear Eriador, I was not trolling.

20. smack

smack Avatar

Like I said above, it will most likely be exposed in some fashion, as roleplaying was a big proponent of UO. Heck, look at stretch goal $1.9M -- that was Richard's idea completely. So they will most likely allow players to set in their profile somehow to match up with other roleplayers.

If people find that too limiting, sure, just don't set any "flags" (or whatever) and go full unfiltered OPO mode. That's most likely what I'll be doing. I don't see any issues at all with having an RP flag, or any other type of "flag" to assist the ad-hoc matchmaking system with your play profile. It's all up to you how you want to set those filters and it's all up to you to determine who you see in your world. To each their own. Player choice is great in this game :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.