Question about SotA/Ultima story

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sir X, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir X

Sir X Avatar

Does SotA take place in a separate universe/separate timeline from the world of Ultima? Is there any story behind why Lord British is the only person (because of RL trademark reasons) from Old Britannia to exist in this new world? Is this an alternate timeline branching from before the Avatar was banished to Pagan? Have any of the secondary characters from Ultima also traveled with LB to this new world? Nystul? Geoffrey? Lord Stuart the Hungry?

2. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Totally seperate...ultima is owned by EA.

3. Gerahben

Gerahben Avatar

Nothing has been revealed about the story in SoTA and I would expect very little will be until the game is released. I really don't know all the details of the business dealings between EA and Mr. Garriott, but I think the only entity from the Ultima universe that could possibly exist in this game would be Lord British. It remains to be seen if the Lord British in this game will be the same Lord British from the Ultima universe. However I expect a lot of sneaky references to the Ultima universe in the game that will make us smile as we play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.