Let's Meet the Backend Team!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fried Okra, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fried Okra

Fried Okra Avatar

Inquiring Sysadmins wanna know, who keeps the ship running over at SoTA? Can we have a special Q&A or video chat with the server admins?

2. mccpz

mccpz Avatar

The SotA team would have to be one of the most community-focused and transparent development teams I have ever come across with frequent developer and art video Q&A's and whole bunch of other stuff. If you're specifically after server admin Q&A's then my guess is its way too early for the team to be able to provide this. At this stage I would think it unlikely the team has a dedicated server admin or even servers for an admin to look after. For the next year or so I would think they would just be testing and experimenting with a few internal VM's...anything more may be a waste of precious resources. Wait 12 months or so :)

3. Fried Okra

Fried Okra Avatar

You're absolutely correct. I love meeting the SotA development team and observing their work in the game's design and the application of those ideas. In addition to learning about the game's feature development, I'm curious how the "rotating shard" functionality will be implemented across the geographically spread game servers. It sounds like every SotA game server will share information with each other.

4. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

The majority of the multi-player load will be on the client side, not in a MMO-server-style farm, from what I understand.

5. Robert Reise2

Robert Reise2 Avatar

Here is some background on the some of the system Devs: http://sota.ultimacodex.com/game-guide/developers/

Currently Tassilo and Eric have been in a few Livestream videos. I don't recall seeing Paul in any vids. They are hiring some new folks now that they have bigger offices so maybe we can get some introductions from the backend folks and new guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.