Youtube channel -- (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DeathStrokeX, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeathStrokeX

DeathStrokeX Avatar

I was looking at the Portalarium youtube channel and almost all of the recent ones have been nearly an hour or more long dev live stream videos. Without having to look around in the forums or chats I wouldn't have known some of the things they were discussing in these videos. It could be helpful to those who aren't familiar with SoTA if there were shorter videos detailing about the idea they plan on doing for the game. These hour or long videos can make people a little hasten in investing that much time on a video especially if they have no clue what its going to be about. Youtube is an easy way to get more people interested in the game but wouldn't it make much easier if they made shorter videos maybe 5 to 10 minute long in updating and informing people about their plans. I can see more potential backers for the game if the general had a better understanding on what the game is going to be.

2. rild

rild Avatar

Check out forsakenvirtues.com for some nice summaries of dev chats, very helpful

3. Solace Vale

Solace Vale Avatar

I really enjoy the hour long dev chat videos.

Five to ten minutes is barely enough time for them to discuss/answer any questions that may spring up.

4. HT062870

HT062870 Avatar

@Solace

10 minutes are more than enough for updates on a game and if there not answering a ton of questions they could have easily done a 10 or maybe even 20 minute video.

5. Solace Vale

Solace Vale Avatar

@HT062870

To each his own.

I like it and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

6. DarthAvatar

DarthAvatar Avatar

Trying to watch all their videos are a pain at times and yea they could have made some short videos explaining a few things. I prefer it short and simple, but I don't mind them doing live stream videos but if you missed a few watching them all can be quite an investment. It seems more devoted fans will prefer watching them more.

7. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

Once we begin holding the Developer Q&A's on the private forums, we may move to creating shorter update-only videos for general release. Right now, the Developers find the Q&A segment very helpful in gauging player interest, so the hour long broadcasts will continue, at least for the next few weeks.

8. DarthAvatar

DarthAvatar Avatar

I think more shorter videos in the future would be good for the casual that show interest in the game but are yet to invest into it. It could help with potential buyers of the game and maybe even add more subs with millions of user on youtube it good to inform the masses.

9. Duke Ironman

Duke Ironman Avatar

Darth Avatar - These types of people will only be attracted to the game when actual gameplay is revealed. These are the people we want to attract 6 months from now right before alpha

10. DeathStrokeX

DeathStrokeX Avatar

@Solace I'm not particularly talking about Q&A but more like update videos like on the progress of the game.

The shorter videos they made in the beginning probably had more views than any of those live dev videos . They already posted a bunch of long videos today which hardly got any views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.