Digital Distribution

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Justice309731, May 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justice309731

Justice309731 Avatar

Is this game going to be only on digital distribution, will save tons of money if it is put the game on Steam and platforms like that vrs store self's?

2. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

Steam would be an excellent way to distribute the game and get word of SotA out there, they have a very active and massive community.

3. scorn

scorn Avatar

Steam if fine for thoughts who like steam, i for one don't like heaving to log into steam to play a game. there should be a option to not use steam since some of use will never use it that way.

4. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

I really hope they do GOG. Not sure how they will handle the DRM for online accounts, which will determine whether GOG is a good fit.

However, I am sure Portalarium would probably prefer the game gets on every store front as an end product: including Steam. I use Steam less and less these days because I really don't like how Steam requires auth for your game. I use multiple PCs for some stuff and Steam does not really like that too much.

I would prefer getting it from GOG or Portalarium directly then get a Steam code. Of course for those of us on the KS that were offered a DRM-free they cannot use Steam for those because Steam uses DRM. They can give us Steam codes, but they would have to provide a DRM free version as well.

The Shadowrun people learned the hard way about that. They had a license agreement with MS that did not allow them to provide the DRM-free version promised. They will be providing a DRM free version in addition to a Steam code, but you get locked out of any future expansions if you use it.

Luckily we are not dealing with licensed content here.

5. Justice309731

Justice309731 Avatar

Steam is really good in the fact that you can go anywhere in the world log on to it and download your games to any pc anywhere, I do have multiple pc in my home with multiple users of Steam, and yeah at time when my kids jump on the other pc on my user it kind of sucks and kicks me off, but then they go into offline mode and they don't have to log in again for that user. It us to be really bad but they have gotten a bit better from the old steam that I started using.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.