wat happens if you reroll.

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by wmidgard, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wmidgard

wmidgard Avatar

so we all have those reward items we get wen we make our toon at launch .
    sword,cloacks,crafting tools,armor,tax free deeds for housing and other goodies.

but wat will happen if i decide to reroll ?
    reason isent important but it can be becous i got a bad rep as a PKer or i just dont like the way i look or i wanne play a female avatar sudenly or i want a different name or watever .

wat is inportant is wat will be in my new character his inventory.
    will he spawn whith all the stuff i get from backing the game ?
    wat happens to the stuff i sold or given away before i deletid my toon ?

for instance someone sells his tax free deed and then does a reroll.
    does he get a new tax free deed ? does his old one dissepear/get deletid ? ( possibel scam )

or the crystal ( one hit kill) sword ?
    can i just start making/deleting toons whith a friend nearby the spawn area so i got a chest full of those thing before i start my adventure.

for most games this isent important becous thyr newbie gear sucks.
    but in this game newbie gear can consist of castels and such.

2. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

All reward items are account bound ant not character bound. If you delete your character and start over you will receive all your reward items just as you left them when you deleted your character.

You will not receive any items that have been sold, broken, or traded.

Time Lord and Death-Knell like this.
  3. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

The concern I'd have is how can you re-roll when you only have 1 dude per acct. I'm sure they'll add extra dudes per acct for extra dough like Star Citizen is planning. The only alternative is have a 'friend' hold all your stuff or own a 2nd account.

4. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

maybe he is thinking of deleting that one character or avatar and creating a new one...

skinned likes this.
  5. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

well for folks with a lot you could just put it in a chest. Not sure about non-home owners, maybe they could tie your "bank" vault to your account instead of your character.

6. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

I think this is going to be a rather complicated process and one that needs to be discussed pretty soon here.

I suppose it can be simplified by saying IF you don't use the official trade window to trade a particular item, then that version of the item will be deleted and recreated upon character deletion/creation. This would be the most simplistic but would lead to some issues with people getting scammed.

Another option would be to have a special bank box that you would have to place every reward item that you want recreated for your new guy. The items in the box would be destroyed (or re-identified, whatever) and given to the new character. This way players would be forced to gather thing (couldn't gather things that you gave away or sold) but then the question about your existing house(s), lot(s) and bank box come into play. Is the bank box tied to the account or the character? Are the houses and lots also tied to the account or the character?

Sounds like some good Q&A questions forming :) I'm curious how much of this has been though through.

7. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

I stated in my previous post on how it will work. How it is done is another matter all together, but when a character is deleted a certain cleanup process is started and there are many checks that can be put in place to find out what reward items you have on deletion, and then updates the account accordingly. Then once you recreate the character, you receive the rewards based on what you had when your character was deleted.

Simple process actually.

Time Lord and skinned like this.
  8. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

If you stick all your reward items in a chest or give them to a friend then delete your character, your account gets updated as having no reward. Then when you create a new character you will receive no rewards because they are still in the chest or with the friend that you left them with.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Maximus Katse

Maximus Katse Avatar

Indeed - in the current state this is the only way it can work with one character slot.
    ---
    Player owned objects will have GUIDs - they will be traceable. They would be tied to your SoTA account and not the character. That' the reason why you can look in your account today and see what you've purchased to date and how much money you've spend down to the dollar.

Portalarium has this covered. It's very simple like Gracekain said. Rudimentary stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.