What IS Shroud of the Avatar?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ambrosius2, May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ambrosius2

Ambrosius2 Avatar

Yes, thats true, the only thing that connect this title with the ultima serie is only a spiritually connection

The world is divided in istance, you cant see all the player in game, if one player do a thing in a istance (kill a mob, kill a player, destroy an object, buy stuff from a merchant) i wanna see how can be more interactive if in the same place but another istance you cant see it

This is offensive to me, Sota does not really have any special features that may be at least remotely close

No this is a pay to gain/win, if you spend money you have house, vendor, special items with advantage, bless, etc. everyone must consider that "more or less" this are an advantages, and if you can spend $ for a little advantage cant be considerated “buy-to-play” and if you say the contrary you lie and for who cant understand that read this from an interview:

So you can do it for free with in game currency but another guy can use $ for do the same thing. That is not buy to play.

The status of the game its not important form m, this is an alpha, bug, combact system, light, shadow and the other craft bug can stay, this is an aplha, but the trust placed in richard, for the sequel to what was a must for online gaming, was a real disappointment for me.

Blinded and dragged from wanting to see a sequel of Ultima, the SANDBOX for excellence, i spent money on a single player game who pretends to be a massive multy player but which joins the millions of titles already present in the market divided in istance (see diablo, wow, path of exile etc.. etc.).
    We have a game in 2014 that can only watch in the past 1990 and learn what cant do, apart making money for their staff.

For me this experience is closed here... bye i just wanna put a photo of what i dreamed to find here

[​IMG]

2. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

the whole thing is a quote?

Time Lord and tekkamansoul like this.
  3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Well....I for one am happy they are trying to bring what Ultima was before UO as well. I'm not exactly sure what that rant was for, but I think what he is saying is he wishes this was UO 2.

Ned888, docdoom77, Maka and 3 others like this.
  4. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Just to step in and say I disagree with the OP on just about all counts. Even if the points are hard to read because of the mucked up quote tag. ;)

Edit: Worth mentioning... The quotes from RG are from a conference. They did clarify that inventory slots would not be a per month cost. You will be able to buy a bank slot for a one time in-game fee, which may or may not also be payable with RMT. Each bank slot allows for a single container, which the quality of the container to control how much will fit in one bank slot.

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

To me rants like this read like someone completely misunderstands.. pretty much everything. Not to speak for anyone else but from what I understood we're getting pretty much exactly what was promised (and then some).

6. selbie

selbie Avatar

So fickle....it's only in pre-alpha with a VERY incomplete list of features and you are already throwing in the towel?

7. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Like I said he was looking for UO 2....which this game never claimed to be.

8. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

Others have said what I think better than I would have, but I want to point how silly it is to expect a PRE-ALPHA, NON-RELEASED GAME to be in anyway like a screenshot of a published and popular game with tons of people in the picture.

That's not even to mention that if that game is what you dream of, that it's still available. This is a different game, thank goodness.

Time Lord, docdoom77, Maka and 2 others like this.
  9. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

"Patience you must have young padawan"

Time Lord, Maka and NRaas like this.
  10. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Yes...

If one has read the original poster's other posts on this forum, one can see their vision for this game is slightly different than what I feel the devs are going for here.

I wish you all the best nuke76, hopefully you will find a game that fits your expectations. :)

Maka likes this.
  11. Ambrosius2

Ambrosius2 Avatar

Sorry for quote, but i make some error in the creation probably

Yep, center at 100%

I enter in that project because i think it was a follower of UO, so a big massive online game. New feature, new system will all be accepted, but i never cant accept an istance game.
    Probably i misunderstood the campaign (or just they was few clear using to much the name of ultima) but this is not important, the most important fact is that i must continue to search my sequel of ultima online.

12. iwanbo

iwanbo Avatar

Good luck because you're going to be searching for a very long time.

The only solution to your needs and wants is to play a classic freeshard. As much as I too want UO2 with all the freedoms that we had with UO, it won't happen. The industry changed too much, and the new generation of players won't have any of what we hold so dear in our memories. They need their giant glowing quest markers, they need their glowing quest objectives, they need their giant shoulder pads, and they sure as heck aren't going to find it in an Ultima-like game.

Alexander likes this.
  13. Markus Sevron

Markus Sevron Avatar

bye

docdoom77 and Maka like this.
  14. Toby

Toby Avatar

what you fail to understand is that an mmo with separate servers is much worse than the concept of everyone on the same server with different instances. this idea of a single game world with multiple instances is much better because you aren't permanently separated from others.

the scenario you describe is the same thing as if you're on the chesapeake server complaining that you can't see what people are doing on the lake superior server. at least with the single game world with multiple instances you aren't permanently separated from tons of other people just because the game is split into servers.

games like this have to be split, either into separate servers or separate instances. separate instances is just a much better way to do it.

abovenyquist, Maka, Phredicon and 2 others like this.
  15. dp_dropout

dp_dropout Avatar

I feel the instances in this game are turning out to be extremely small, making everyone zone all the time. I can't really see that as a good thing.
    At the moment I'm really on the fence because of this hex design... I'll probably manage to live with it, but not happily.

16. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

yet no full loot and open pvp are amongst them.

meeeeh.

17. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Then what is the problem? It is an instanced game and you can not ever not accept one....

18. Floors

Floors Avatar

Okay, so I think the problem with posts like the OP are they are talking in the past tense like, this is what we got, it's done.. it will never improve.

I don't agree with people when they talk like they've made up their mind about what is possible.

However, having said that, we are now a year and half from the Kickstarter and I am beginning to get concerned about the direction of the game because truly, we don't have many of the things that are on the mission statement.

Improving graphics for windows users slightly was great, I'm not concerned about graphics too much. I care about Gameplay.

R6 broke the game on Linux and OS X, at least for me, a user using state of the art mac hardware. This wouldn't be as big of a deal for me except that it was playable from R1 to R5 with only minor issues from time to time. The fact that stability on those platforms was sacrificed for some slightly nicer assets and lighting is a concern for me, especially with the time we have left.. I do have concerns now that the game is off track.

Not only that but even some of the revised R6 goals were not even met in this release.

Personally, the entire original release schedule seems super difficult and super optimistic to me, but they set it, not us, so I went with it. And up to R5, things really seemed to be drastically improving every release.

This release definitely changed that, at least for a small subset of users. But it is a concern to me at this point that we aren't going to get close to what I was expecting based on UO, Ultima IV-VIII, so in that sense, I agree with some of what the OP said.

I just hope they can turn it around and quickly. I'm happy to help continue to give feedback on improving the game, and I want to stay positive, but yeah, we have to give both kinds of feedback, not just endlessly defend the game all the time.

I think it's fairly reasonable for people to raise concerns in a positive way :)

Cabrens, Raziel, Aldo and 1 other person like this.
  19. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

Which is funny because NONE of those things you mention are going to be in this game.

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

i thought that ......isn't that what he said?

Time Lord, docdoom77 and NRaas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.