Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

My experience so far... it's frustrating.

Discussion in 'Release 6 Feedback' started by Net, May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Net

Net Avatar

The most frustrating so far is Alt-Tabing to read forums, wiki or anything and then having to log back in...

Another frustrating thing are quests, some work fine some do not... I have no idea how to get support from Wycliffe when I attack the Liche lord or how to get 50 red stashes. Also I am unable to kill Liche lord myself, he keeps regenerating even when I attack him, ranged weapons are of no use, spells deplete blue bar too quickly and I suck at close combat, I just have no idea how to attack without being attacked... I really need some sort of tutorial somewhere...

More about quests - undead, animals and even bandits keep resurrecting every few minutes... if there are more enemies it can be complicated and when I encounter a resistence I can not go back, because already dead enemies are alive again...

And do not let me start about crafting, items are turning red, I can not move them and after restart of the game I lose them... And when I try to chop a tree my characters walks in mid air for a very long time... And I wish I could double click on the recipe in the recipe book to craft what I want... it takes ages to craft those iron bars...

And housing, damn, I was trying to log in every 5 seconds and even then every house I came to had an owner. I tried the 'P' trick and it did not work becase almost every house in Owl's head was already someones. I managed to get house elsewhere (as a placeholder) to find out, that I can not cali manother for 5 minutes... I missed town lot because of that, I went back to Owl's head, keep asking guards how many lots are free but they were saying that they are asking questions there... so I had to answer them first, then they said me there are two lots left... it was really hard to find them though...

Other than that I quite like it:)

2. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

AGREED! One of the most annoying things game designers do today is program their UI to take over my computer. I paid good money to run three screens on multiple graphix cards and a multicore processor, my machine is capable of running your game AND hulu AND the forums AND running a virus scan in the background. I hate it when I find that I cannot look away from the game screen to handle something else because the game has been programmed not to let me. So immature. If I wanted the game to take over my computer I'd just buy a console.

Let the Windowed mode be just that, so that we can run programs alongside the game, and do whatever it is that WE want. The point is for individual players to enjoy the experience, not to force a predetermined experience down the player's throat.

3. Aegis159

Aegis159 Avatar

Just an fyi on the ALT-tabbing, run the game in windowed mode, you can look at other things without the game freaking out on you.

4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Good comment.

5. Roland

Roland Avatar

From your point of view understandable. Unfortunately very rude verbalized. I do hope this is not going to be the common voice of the community when someone just write down his experience, even it is Alt-Tab. :/

6. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

Wow, I'm sorry my verbalization scandalized you my copacetic cohabitant! I apologize for any confusion I caused, and bid you welcome to the SotA forums. Unfortunately I must admit that my ire and bile are not unique, and in fact if you venture within, you may find many more who are overly exuberant in voicing their various opinions.

Good luck.

7. Net

Net Avatar

I must say I do not like running games in windowed mode, I really prefer fullscreen. I may try it when I provide feedback for bugs, because alt-tabing to look what is happening in the game when I do something and to the forums and testing various scenarios is really anoying with logging in and waiting for game to load everything again...

BillRoy likes this.
  8. stile

stile Avatar

Having a 42" monitor, a 27" and plans for another 27".. On the basis i use the others for spreadsheets, internet, email, teamspeak, trillian, etc . Im a fan of windowed mode,

BillRoy likes this.
  9. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I hate that! Did they say that is a problem with the Unity? Or I remember wrong... I hope that this issue anyway could be solved.

BillRoy and NRaas like this.
  10. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

As Eriador mentioned above, the devs mentioned this was an issue with how the Unity game-engine itself dealt with being minimized. It goes into some sort of hibernation, stops sending the "I am awake" messages, and disconnects from the online service.

I would agree, that would be quite annoying.

Hopefully the devs will figure out a means of correcting it for you. :)

11. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

Wow, that was kind of harsh, calling a guy out like that for expressing his oppinion.

Also, Dear Sir, please don't take my comment personaly, as I ment no disrespect or harm.

12. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Yep, I like full screen mode, but found long ago with multiple monitors windowed mode is required for most games. I'm considering getting a 3rd monitor monitor but I need a bigger desk (was running 1 46", then went to 2 24")

13. recon0303

recon0303 Avatar

Consoles do that? Hmm I been playing consoles since they came out, I never had one do that, plus my Xbox one and PS4 are like a PC now a days, so a bit confused. I guess you never used one for the past 20 years lol. Because I have no issues or seen that before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.