An overlooked sentiment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Veylen The AenigmA, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

I hear people saying they don't like this or that. While everyone is entitled to their opinion please keep in mind that this is a really early build and will do nothing but get better. Personaly compared to other games betas I've been in, this game is already leaps and bounds above where those games were at this stage.

This is a very ambitious project and I have no doubt if we all keep our noses to the grindstone and be good testers by actually reporting things we find instead of just using it as a free game ticket this one will shape up to be revolutionary!!

2. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

and we are not yet in Beta... hahaha... we are still in Pre-Alpha... imagine how the game will be once it enters its Beta stage...

Eriador and Kaisa like this.
  3. Veylen The AenigmA

im referring to betas of such games as asheron's call 1 & 2, final fantasy 13, DAOC they were pretty horrid and late stage betas at that.

4. TimeLord Smith

TimeLord Smith Avatar

Hahahaha you guys said alpha-beta... get it? alpha-beta? no? nevermind.

5. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

I don't think posts like the OP's are useful. Most of us are fans of Garriot's work and obviously ragey/troll posts and not helpful but I think constructive criticism (and even some of the nonconstructive stuff) is extremely useful. We all know this is a pre-alpha build but that is no reason to just stay silent - otherwise why bother opening the pre-alpha to players in the first place?

And I think people should post about things they don't like - in many cases it will be personal preference or playstyle but in other cases it can be indicative of a poor design decision or just something that doesn't really work.

6. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Well, Veylen is certainly entitled to their opinion on how to act in the community, just as much as anyone.

Mind you, most of us are not going to actually listen to the advice anyways.

But I do appreciate the original post's sentiment, especially considering the harsh rhetoric that has been plaguing certain threads lately. :)

7. Veylen The AenigmA

I've been known to throw around flamey statements with nothing constructive I'm just saying if everyone made a conscious effort to try to be as constructive as possible it would do nothing but help. Including things like why one doesn't like something and their ideas if they have any to make it better goes a long way.

Some people tend to think they should just play the game as a free game trial and then do nothing to help the game to move forward, instead just posting rants about how bad the game is without seeming to take into account the stage of development

NRaas and Kaisa like this.
  8. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I agree that we need to temper our expectations given where we are in the development cycle.

Doomgrin likes this.
  9. Doomgrin

Doomgrin Avatar

I just think they needed to be a bit clearer directing people to the post with the changes, and to provide maybe some goals in testing the release. This would have helped me a bunch. I had to create a thread entitled "what am I supposed to be testing?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.