AD-HOC system integration

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by ky.antz, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ky.antz

ky.antz Avatar

I like the idea of single player with ad-hoc multiplayer with friends.

It seems as though there's a mass audience that want to bring this into an MMORPG, and alot of audience-base will be lost of RG doesn't listen to these fans. (and by making into MMORPG, i assume will turn into open PVP)

I don't know if this idea will be heard, but what if the server combines several groups of friends and people into one through a systematic approach. (i.e. 2-5 groups of 4-12 friends) per every large area of the world map. Therefore, the risk of crazy ganking and player dissatisfaction will definitely lower, but there is still an element of surprise whereby a foreign player still be treacherous.

Sincerely,

Antony

2. ky.antz

ky.antz Avatar

And in-town should be considered an MMORPG to increase the traffic of the town. Or else there'll be no economy to be ran and no world-interaction.

Ultima has always been versatile, about dynamics, and about economy. If you take away the MMO portion of the town, I'm afraid the economy may not drive. There may be an auction house implemention to partially drive the economy, but I believe majority of the economic dynamics in the real world are driven by human interaction.

3. sslaw

sslaw Avatar

I agree that in-town should be MMORPG for more player interactions.

I also like the idea encountering strangers on my travels.

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

What if the econonmy is driven like an MMO? By that I mean if one person puts something up for sale in their game, that data is stored on a server and shared in everyone's game just like an MMO. Someone buys that item.. too bad everyone else loses out. It's sold.

I imagine that anyone who wants to open their game to others will ultimately have the ability to do so. What I'm curious about is how everyone's game will be intergrated. One of your friends may be in your game but they have friends of their own. So they may see them and you but you can't see their friends unless you allow them into your game? There's got to be some measure of control and flexibility here.

5. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

I think Shroud of the Avatar will grow. This allows for a wide variety of players to access the game in whichever mode they see fit at the moment.

Although it is not am MMO, once this starts to generate a good following through its various campaigns, you may then see an MMO follow just like UO from the Ultima Saga.

With enough interest and support, anything is possible :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.