keeping new britainia open

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gooseboy, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gooseboy

Gooseboy Avatar

Would it be feasible with a fairly stable build like r6 to keep,it permanently open until the 1.0 build and update as they go? I would love to spend more time on the alphas but time only grants me a fleeting look at each one.

Mata likes this.
  2. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

I bet all of us would love more time in the play tests. While we are "playing" the developers are busy monitoring the servers, gathering data, resetting servers, and so on. I think keeping the game up for players adds unnecessary work. And I think RG is afraid if they keep it up, his employees will spend more time playing instead of working ;)

3. Sunsanvil

Sunsanvil Avatar

Just curious, do you feel that 4 days isnt enough, or are you just finding that you dont have as much free time as you would like during those 4 days?

4. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Agree with Grace here. Although it's really hard when the release shuts down, I know that during the "release" time the devs are busily scrutinizing what we do, how many bugs we find etc. After the window closes they can go away, fix all the bugs, and start loading in more content. So if the release were kept up the next one probably wouldn't happen:(:(:(

Gracekain likes this.
  5. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Alphas/Betas will be left open longer once we get closer to release. Right now they are collecting data when we are playing, and they need to keep that data manageable for it to be useful. This isn't really about us getting to play, but more about testing the game which takes a certain amount of the Dev's attention.

docdoom77 likes this.
  6. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Also - if the server would be kept open all the time, we might experience some more getting used and become bored effect very soon - which is something we don't want happen before the game even launches.

Kaisa likes this.
  7. Gooseboy

Gooseboy Avatar

I don't get 4 days, maybe half an,hour to an hours worth on the weekend...bloody adult life...bah. I would even take the single player online version at this very moment....

8. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I'm with you on that. I think perhaps a kindly request that for the next release that they keep it open one week is fair and reasonable. That way anyone with any schedule (free on Wednesdays but busy on Sundays or whatever) has an opportunity to test.

licemeat likes this.
  9. smack

smack Avatar

The current plan is that they are targeting end of this year to stop wiping the servers and go live as perhaps a Beta. I posted about this here, based on an interview with Richard.

10. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Not to mention that the limited window somewhat forces everyone to be on at once, which helps if you want to see other people in your instances.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.