1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lord British's Release 6 Impressions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lord British, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

i have never heard so many references to the polish people...
    oh.. polish, not polish...
    the dolt in me kicked in, now he has subsided. must be the polish in me. :p

2. Galdivar

Galdivar Avatar

I have tried 2 of the releases including this last one and so far ive not been impressed nor have i found anything particularly special in this game. It has not managed to catch my interest for more than expectation and curiosity can gather. Im sorry I know im going to get scalded, and so far I've found out that there is a lot of bad attitutes towards ex-uo players who actually expected this game to relate in any way to uo.

I feel dissappointed.

"Its still in pre alpha and bla"... Best wishes. I feel its all gong in a wrong direction right from the start.

Cabrens likes this.
  3. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Everyone have their own taste. Thats not a problem.

NRaas likes this.
  4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Not from me. I'm opting to respectfully disagree, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

5. Sierra

Sierra Avatar

I have played UO and I do not feel a 'bad attitude'. There is discussion and maybe some UO player expect what they will never get again: The feeling to play UO. Watch out for a new experience instead of one you will never get again (because SotA will not be UO and you grew older).
    There are some good things about SotA, the community, the development approach, maybe other things. Looking for unique game contents I cannot tell that, I have not played so many MMO games as most lack for me in style, ambience and depth.

Kaisa likes this.
  6. Galdivar

Galdivar Avatar

You are right, though I was not expecting to play UO, was expecting this game to be similar to UO in some way. I find barely any similarities.

I feel its all centered around decorating and collecting.

I dont like the way the resources are gathered so far especially mining, I dont like the map system, I do not really understand the purpose of interacting with other people in this game concept except to show off, i believe they are putting too much effort in trying to make a game look realistic rather than interesting and even at that its not too accurate.

The few times ive found actual people in the releases they seem to be bored as hell. Perhaps its going to be the ultimate RPG but as an MMO I truly dont see any potential at all.

I do agree with you that most MMO's have not interested me, that is precisely why I was expecting a game SIMILAR, let me stress that out, not the same, as Ultima Online was.

and i quote once again the reason i pledged this project "...if I could I'd call this game Ultima Online 2..."

7. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

i cant wait to start building my ghetto house!

8. Sierra

Sierra Avatar

Definitly much is at this point, much is also centered around crafting, which also was a big part of UO.

I agree - I do not like the "node" system with random upgrade ore either but I think there might be done something about it and I think it is not yet final.

Imho "showing off" was a big part of UO though maybe not for everyone.

Maybe it is indeed worth looking at this one as I thikn similar but also I think that it could still be improved to a very good end.

Honestly I hope it is not the same as so many other MMOs so well in a way I hope it will be more RPG and less MMO... ;)
    Let us hope it will turn the right way and I admit I want to play the next release and to see what has changed. I like that.

9. Strykerx88

Strykerx88 Avatar

So when are the running animations going to get fixed?

Male characters currently look like you stuck mocap to fat people running around. It looks hilarious in a bad way. Are they going to be updated at all?

10. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Welcome to the forums, @Strykerx88!

Star Citizen had a mo-cap studio built in Austin. I wonder if Portalarium can use it?

11. Strykerx88

Strykerx88 Avatar

It would be best if they did! The battle animations seem okay, but that running animation... my goodness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.