Splitting Pledges

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cabrens, Jun 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cabrens

Cabrens Avatar

This post has no intention to harm Portalarium or the community, but on the contrary to apease a part of the contributors that showed discontent on the forums after recent pledge structure modifications. Please moderators consider this as a way to inform that perticular population, even tho I understand that the marketing plan was developped for people to climb the "social" pledging ladder rather than descending it.

For those feeling uneasy with their pledge, mainly those who pledged to Citizen for the free lot offered, there is a way to downgrade your pledge to the new row rent free houses. You need to send a request to Portalarium support and ask to split your pledge. I tried it and the answer was fairly fast (2 days) and quite supportive. If you want to play or sell the second split pledge, you need to create a new account with the same email address as your main account.

I thank Portalarium support for their open mindedness on that topic, i think this way out access will bring some tranquility to those who felt stuck with their pledge level.

Happy gaming to all.

2. Godra

Godra Avatar

Were you able to create another account with the same email? Because I think I tried that a few months ago and was unsuccessful. I had another email address anyway, so I used that one.

3. Cabrens

Cabrens Avatar

That s a good point, Godra....I didn t try yet.

4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

If people can split their pledge and another player buys the other part of your split pledge, then everyone wins. The game gets a new player. Portalarium doesn't lose any money. You're happy as a player.

You're never going to have a situation where everyone is happy with a massive change. Being able to accommodate those who aren't happy in a reasonable manner is the sign of a company that acts virtuous and cares about its community.

5. Godra

Godra Avatar

either way, you have a split pledge and are on the right track for what you were looking to achieve. Bravo!!!

6. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

@Cabrens
    While several people have stated that they were going to contact Portalarium about splitting their pledges, I haven't (until now) seen anyone post about their experience with it. Thanks for sharing the information with the community.

I'm glad you're still with us! :)

7. Cabrens

Cabrens Avatar

Hello community,

Here is an update on the splitting accounts process. This time the support answer was even faster (1 day).

For those who own a founder or royal founder account, the split account(s) will keep their priviledged status, but only one time, to avoid any abuse of the system. So think well ahead how you want to organize your new account(s) to minimize work load on the support team.

This is a fair offer, i m confident those willing to split will highly appreciate it.

8. Falstaff

Falstaff Avatar

This is close to what I am looking for. I really want the option to just downgrade my pledge for store credit. Then I can just use the credits to buy lots of add-on goodies :)

9. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

@Falstaff
    While I'm pretty sure they will not downgrade your pledge for store credit, I would encourage you to email support@portalarium.com to initiate an official support ticket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.