House & Property Deed

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by KaBBaM, Jun 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaBBaM

KaBBaM Avatar

I need some clarification before I pledge.
    I want to fully understand this housing thing.
    If I purchase lets say the Ancestor pledge, it comes with a row house and a transferable row property deed.
    But in order to place my row house, will I need to keep that deed and use it, or does the house in the pledge have an inherent property deed?
    Also, could I purchase a lower tier pledge and buy the add on house and corresponding deed with it and be good?
    Thanks

Samlee and SmokerKGB like this.
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

You need a property deed to claim a piece of land, you need a house deed to place the house upon that land.

Sir Mike Dragon and licemeat like this.
  3. KaBBaM

KaBBaM Avatar

So I would need to keep the deed that comes with the pledge because the house doesn't have an inherent one.
    Could I purchase a lower pledge tier and add-on whatever house I want and corresponding deed?

4. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

Yes, you can do that. I'm sure a lot of people have. For instance if you don't care about the other goodies you get with a pledge tier.

edit: those bought from the add-on store won't be tax free though

smack likes this.
  5. smack

smack Avatar

Yes, you could go for a lower tier without the lot and house reward. However, if you purchase the lot from the add-on store, it is not tax-free.

Noctiflora likes this.
  6. KaBBaM

KaBBaM Avatar

Ok thanks all...

SmokerKGB likes this.
  7. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

You need to own land and a house separately. Each has their own deed. You can use the deed from that tier to get a Row lot and later put a bigger (3 or 4 story even) Row house on that lot.

And welcome to the community @KaBBam

Mata likes this.
  8. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Remember tho, each house can only be placed on specific lots. A row lot, being the lowest lot size, will accept only row houses. But a town lot will accept town, village, and row houses. Each town lot tier accepts lower tier houses as well as its own tier. But not higher level houses.

Samlee and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  9. KaBBaM

KaBBaM Avatar

So you can upgrade your house size later as long as the deed is for that type of house?

SmokerKGB likes this.
  10. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

It's the plot size that's important, and once R7 opens on the 26th, you can play around with plots. You'll need to get in early to claim a city/town plot (they get claimed fast), it's all for testing now. When you see a plot, there is usually a sign in front, click it to see if someone has claimed it, if it's open, claim it. You can choose any house for now because it's testing time. Row plots haven't been seen yet, so I don't know where they'll pop up (probably cities). The sign has a library you can rotate through of the houses you can place.

I've never seen a "deed", it's all done through the sign, I can only imagine after you claim a plot, any house you have tied to your account will show (for testing they're all available). I'm not sure at all how the transfer process will work, only that if you claim another plot, your first plot will become "for sale" after a time period, but your house will move to the new plot after that time passes (I'm not sure the outside decos are included). If you have multiple houses, and you decorated them, all will be in storage as is, until you chose that house again. Pretty cool I think, you don't have to pack everything up to move, and you don't loose your old plot in the process.

Basements can be used by themselves, without a house, but it's not in testing yet.

The plot is what will be Taxed, and the plots with pledges are not taxed. Online store plots are taxed. Anything you purchase can't be lost, it's tied to your account, but if you don't log in and play for a period, then your plot will go "for sale" and you house goes into storage (they haven't determined what time frame).

The housing gets reset from time to time, so don't get attached, when the game launches there will be windows for placement based on your pledge date/tier.

Hope this helps...

Samlee, Kraxtor and Sir Mike Dragon like this.
  11. Floors

Floors Avatar

Whether it's taxed or not (it's a really negligible amount either way - log in a few times a month and you should be able to upkeep it) the lots are valuable, the most valuable thing in the add on stores because they're limited, and they're desirable. Portalarium will create more over time, but only if the game is growing to support it, and so I expect their value to be worthwhile.

Compare this to digital goods or houses in the store which won't be worth too much, except maybe founder items from the higher tiers that have abilities or magic

Samlee, Numa and SmokerKGB like this.
  12. Kraxtor

Kraxtor Avatar

Thanks SmokerKGB! Your post is exactly what I've been searching for. I'm new to R7, and wanted a heads up before getting home log in. Much appreciated!

13. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Some new features have been added too...

Talk to the Town Criers & Guards and they will tell you how many open plots are left or press the "P" key and a column of smoke rises from all the open lots... https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QfDg4d5sa5BSnfcrhFxagDdEVey5mP3g3kkmFBb_R0g/pub

Numa and Koldar like this.
  14. KingPramus

KingPramus Avatar

Sorry to reopen a dead post but I'm having trouble with the housing and I've already pledged (silly me)

I've pledged at the ancestor level and was wondering if I could put a 4 story house on the row lot instead of the 2 that comes with it? (I know I'll have to pay for the house). And will it then be taxed if I don't use the 2 story one?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

15. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

Yes, you can put a 4-story row house on the lot if you buy one from the store. And the land is what's taxed or not, rather than the house, so the land should remain tax-free regardless of what type of house you put on it.

(You can add basements too - got my eye on one of those!)

16. Numa

Numa Avatar

Just to add to what @Karrolanth said, the best floor and bedroom arrangement for row houses seems to be present only in the 4 story row house - on the 4th floor to be exact. The relatively spacious landing and bedroom only occurs in that particular row house and no other. The 3 story row house for example has the open landing but has the cramped T shaped bedroom on the top 3rd floor.

The multistory row basement is also worth serious consideration because it packs an impressive amount of Living/working space underground for such a small space. The row house lot is just 1/2 to 1/4th the size of a village lot I believe so the capability to pack up to 9 stories of floors ( 4 above, 5 below) is to me, a very big thing.

Welcome to SOTA!!!

Samlee and Noctiflora like this.
  17. KingPramus

KingPramus Avatar

Thank you for the extra information! I was also wondering if it will be possible for me to do something like running a vendor/shop out of the first floor of my home, and either live in or rent the subsequent floors?

I'm loving how supportive and helpful this community is. You guys are awesome!

Samlee and Numa like this.
  18. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

@KingPramus, keep an eye on this thread.

The question of whether or not row houses can have a vendor stationed outside was asked of the devs a couple of weeks back, so we should see a response to that question soon. (They're about 2-3 weeks behind on the answers.) There are a bunch of other interesting questions in that thread too, and mitchellhamilton posts a new thread each Friday to request questions from the community. So if there's anything you want an answer to, and the community at large can't help, consider posting a question in one of his threads. :)

On the subject of row house design, I have to agree with Numa - I was disappointed to realise that the two and three story versions were not the same as the four-story minus the middle floor(s). On the other hand, in R7 some players demonstrated that it was possible to fit an impressive amount of stuff into the row houses and still have it look good. We should be able to see row lots in R8, too, rather than putting a row house on a village lot. I'm looking forward to seeing how they look in-game, pushed together as they're supposed to be, as I can't decide how much I want outdoor space on my lot!

Despite the cramped spaces on the other floors, if I stick with the row lot then I'll probably buy a 4-story house and a basement to put on it, especially as I'll be sharing my home with others! Some of the larger homes have been slightly redesigned after player feedback, though, so there's perhaps a chance that the row houses might get a bit of a makeover in future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.