skill tree

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Radicast, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radicast

Radicast Avatar

instead of a skill tree witch its been done over and over, why not do a scroll and spell book like UO we could also have abilities that you can perform after you get your skill to a certain level.
    i just really want to hunt for my spell scrolls really gives me something to hunt for. also then could bring back the scribe profession. what you guys think?

MalakBrightpalm likes this.
  2. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

We don't really know yet how the card system will work. It might be possible for them to put skill cards in the game as items, just like spell scrolls. That would be cool. If they can't or won't do this, then all I can really say on the topic is, That ship has sailed. :p

3. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I think it's all up in the air as well. But I think it is probably less like a tree, more like you get to a level of competence.

Lord Trenyc likes this.
  4. mittens

mittens Avatar

I don't mind the skill trees but they do usually end up with 2 or 3 base templates or 'cookie cutter' builds that become the norm and that's all you see. If I understand what you're speaking of with scrolls, people would have to find those to unlock / advance their abilities?

Also sort of a neat idea, but if you never find your scroll it may be a bit frustrating... Perhaps a combination of the two where there is a base tree but certain skills could be augmented or advanced with a scroll. It will be interesting to see what evolves :)

mittens

5. Thisguy

Thisguy Avatar

I agree, I don't like skill trees and I like hunting for scrolls to learn spells and finding a trainer to teach skills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.