Knight Marshal Tower Keep

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by High Baron O`Sullivan, Jun 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azoetia Dragon

Azoetia Dragon Avatar

Have just finished having a quick run around in game and noticed that when I went to place down the new KM house it was listed as Knight Marshal House (Benefactor) Village.

Is there to be a founder version of this tower also does anyone know?

As an additional question. I know that a lot of people are wanting answers on lot placement etc and up until now I was not too concerned with it but now that I have just spent over an hour trying to find a town lot to no avail does anyone have any idea how indicative the game world is in its current state to size and scale of the world on release? I see on the map only a handful of towns and villages - is the continent we are seeing now just a placeholder as such and do we know how much larger it is going to be nearer the end?

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

No, The Knight Marshall and Lord Marshall is a Benefactor only tier (no founder version).

Keira, The One, Olahorand and 2 others like this.
  3. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

All you are seeing at the moment is a tiny island of the world. I believe the main island is a big magnitude larger than what you are seeing at present. Someone will give you a more accurate number but this Vale is a pimple on the world. The world is to be expanded in future episodes as well. Episode 1 will be like only 10% of the total land mass by Episode 5 i have read.

This post explains the order of lot selection.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/lot-selection-sequence-process.11466/

The Devs have stated there will be more than enough lots available for launch. I believe the main island has 40-50 main cities, town and villages, also now with the addition of player owned towns then a place to call home will be found by all im sure.

Time Lord and Azoetia Dragon like this.
  4. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Anyone have a picture of the Knight Marshal House side by side with the Lord Home (Founder or Benefactor)?

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

The main walled section in Owls Head has a Lord Marshall with a founder Lord houses on either side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Thanks for the two views. It basically looks to be a size but with more useable floor space on each level and 4 floors instead of 3.

Though I guess the Lord gets higher ceilings. I'd still go with Lord, but just like the Knight tier before it, Knight Marshal sure is a pretty nice tier :)

Time Lord and Khloec like this.
  7. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Also has a lot more outdoor space. I have always added up the usable outside space by the square of the wall sections. I think i counted yesterday the Lord Marshall has 31 free spaces and the Lord has 19.

I do like the new Lords Houses but this one now trumps it for me at least. Maybe..still not sure :) To many nice houses now...which is a good problem to have. I love the Row houses as well, especially on a town lot will give lots outside space.

Yes the Lord Marshall tier with town lot for the extra space really is a fabulous upgrade.

8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]
    Isaiah Said; So basically if you own a rent free property you will have some really cool houses to choose from. Now it basically comes down to what do you want? Square footage or style.
    I have a feeling that we might see lots of tall buildings in the beginning, but honestly I think people will switch to cool looking homes over square footage. The Druid Tree House, or a wizard's tower is fine.
    However I think the Knight Marshal house is clearly the winner in all catagories. Not only does it have the square footage, it has primo looks. It's the castle of the village lot. I doubt that there will be a better village house than the K.M.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~TL~
    Yes, I agree, the K.M. Home is a real value!
    I find it odd that we don't see too many people showing off their Baron Homes. I've see allot of Duke pics.
    Dose anyone know if they will ever make that "Baron's Barn" look or function any better? Or maybe a better option. Maybe both the Lord's Home and Baron's Home were not re-vamped in order to drive those pledge tiers to upgrade. Is the compensation for having one of those pledges having a large boat? Or will we see the Frigate become another higher pledge's reward?
    We haven't heard mention about where the frigate may fit into any pledge tier. o_O
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I still wish it weren't black, and looked like it had been built by a competent mason.
    The interior is superb. My only critique of the interior might be that the stairs could be narrower by about 30 to 40 percent.

10. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Yeah, TBH I can have a 5 floor basement anyways for space - I just want the above ground space to be useable and pretty. Still leaning to my Lord Houses.

StarLord and Time Lord like this.
  11. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Just some answers.

Lords home was reworked by the devs already . Frigate is on the baron pledge level. Galleon is on the Baron 2 & 3 pledge level.

12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"The New Britannia Galleon is Not Exactly Junk"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Duke Gréagóir Said;

New
    Time Lord said:
    . Maybe both the Lord's Home and Baron's Home were not re-vamped in order to drive those pledge tiers to upgrade. Is the compensation for having one of those pledges having a large boat? Or will we see the Frigate become another higher pledge's reward?​
    Just some answers.

Lords home was reworked by the devs already . Frigate is on the baron pledge level. Galleon is on the Baron 2 & 3 pledge level.​
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    ~TL~
    Ahh, so that's where the Frigate went to :D thanks my Duke ;)!
    I think I like the Galleon better than the Frigate, even though the Frigate "should have a bit more power in our game" (opinion)...
    I just think the Galleon resembles more of an old Chinese Junk of the Zheng He style :D

13. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

You got me ;) I like the Knight Marshall Tower Keep. Why not support the development of SotA a little bit more? So I just upgraded my pledge level to Knight Marshall :)

Kaisa, Olahorand, Eriador and 3 others like this.
  14. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

About this one: It's great but I need that secret door opening to the outside.

And I would like if the last floor (roof) cool be wider than the other floors. Now with that big turrets (that I like) the floor space there seems a little bit small for me, while the normal Knight houses are spacious.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Ah! I forgot about to add some small terrace. :p

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Floors

Floors Avatar

It's something like 1/10th the size of the main world. and the hidden vale will still exist to the north of Novia when it's done.

And that's just episode one. We could get an underworld or a new continent like Ambrosia or something similar in future releases.

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

It's supposed (becasue the SG) that we already are going to have an "underworld". :D

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah, but you know we're not getting it for E1. No-one has talked about that for a long time. And baby crias and boats and playable "elves" got in the way :S

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Well, I asked them about that for the faq, but they really didn't give any useful info. But It's already a reached SG of the KS, so the game must have a "massive" underworld since the first day. Baby llamas and elves are just actual and not reached SGs.

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

With 5 story basements for housing, I can't see why they would be in a one story world, so I'm certain that massive underworlds will come, with elves, lamas, horses to ride and many other things we've never even imagined, being ever possible before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.