Feature Request: inventory based recipe books/pages

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by linuxgnuru, Jun 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linuxgnuru

linuxgnuru Avatar

I was thinking; could it be possible if crafting recipe books were actual books in your inventory? Books that you could trade or sell with others containing with craftable item recipes. Maybe even the ability to copy or even "rip" out pages to trade and even the ability to find / loot recipe pages from mobs/chests?
    Comments?

2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

That might be satisfied by user-writable books, whenever that system is implemented: Write the recipe into a book, and then trade the book.

It is possible that recipes could be learned about in-game in a similar manner, simply by reading books you locate around town or via conversation with NPCs.

Will have to see how that system works in the future. :)

herradam likes this.
  3. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I like the idea of sharing and of acquiring recs. But no added chunkiness.

4. Andrew Knightowl

Andrew Knightowl Avatar

Plus another way to make a lot of $$$ (Vendors) :)

NRaas likes this.
  5. Sir Korvash

Sir Korvash Avatar

I like the concept of having to "know" the recipe before being able to make an item. However I much prefer the current system of "experimentation" to create items.

Once a much more expansive selection of craftable items are in game, it will make things a lot more interesting, as you have to find the recipe out from trial and error. Yes I know things like sotawiki give you the ingredients needed for an item, but its personal choice if you use those services.

Personally, I would rather a system that didn't have a obvious "you got the recipe right" indicator, with the button lighting up. Instead I would rather a system that you could 'try' and craft with any components, and if you didn't have the right ones for an item, it failed with a chance to loose the components. I think this would add even greater value to craftables, and make crafters even more worth while, as it would help control the number of items in circulation. A lower ROI would increase the value of crafted items.

Just my opinion, not something I would expect them to implement on my view alone.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.