Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

My Release 7 Experience

Discussion in 'Release 7 Feedback' started by Kabalyero Kidd, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smack

smack Avatar

For a game about virtues, I do hope there is a road to redemption, at least for some quests and NPCs. Sure it won't be easy, but for those willing it should be available to some degree. Myra/Myron...unless they're critical to the main path, perhaps not so much.

rild likes this.
  2. Favonius Cornelius

Favonius Cornelius Avatar

My experience: didn't bother to play it. After so many releases where so much development is about adding ever bigger pledge houses and devaluing the contributions of early backers, I will continue not to bother until real content and consequential game play is finally finished.

3. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

My 5 cent:
    - patch #111 was very unstable, lots of crashes during loading, but #112 was fixing that (32 bit windows)
    - the 3D maze in Valemark/Pax Lair was incredible (unfortunately I only got to 5th level and not to the top)
    Could you please keep it for the next "SotA at RTX" or even R8?
    Performance was on the limit because of the number of objects...
    - single player online stopped sunday afternoon (network error), only multiplayer login possible
    - have not seen a single Barons home, but lots of Knight Marshall´s keeps. Must be an appealing design :)
    - the new row houses (multi level) are quite spacious compared with e.g. Citizen's homes.
    - the islands are beautiful, although its more like a pirate theme (with all the galleons)
    - can we keep our inventory for R8? It always takes some time to get the minimum equipment
    - please improve the water graphics (color more blueish/greenish, some waves)
    - I am satisfied with the graphics for most scenes. Some variations would be great though
    - homes are great, the new lights are welcome, but I think they should be a little bit brighter
    - crafting is fine, had no problems. Did not find any new recipes though
    - I think enemies respawn too fast. Nice if you want to farm (like the Red Sash Bandits, you get lots of loot in no time), but extremely hard in most places if you fight alone
    - final verdict: impressed by graphics, animations and house decoratings (like the mazes); still waiting for character development

Sir Guni, Numa, Kaisa and 1 other person like this.
  4. abovenyquist

abovenyquist Avatar

Agreed -- that's one of the aspects of Unity that annoys me the most. Unity Technologies sometimes doesn't seem to bother to finishing things off; it's like they get a feature 80% of the way there and then get bored with it and move on to some other shiny bullet point, which they also get 80% of the way there, and then move on... (I still love, love, love Unity, but there are aspects of it that drive me nuts at times.)

5. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

• the new Skull Entrance in Ravensmoor is a great addition to the scene...
    • the Lich is tougher now
    • those spikes look brutal... that should be instant death...
    • first time using the Light spell... loved it... goodbye torches...
    • the sea of black oil infront of the new Skull Entrance is awesome...

6. Gretchelle

Gretchelle Avatar

It was my first involvement with SotA . Never knew about it until a week before R7 took place. As a long time runner of the Ultima series including UO, I feel disgraced that I wasn't there from the git-go when it presumably started in 2013. Anyhow, I enjoyed every day of it. Met some new friends and we all sort of hung out and did things together. Had ton of laughs with them also. Got me a town sized lot, crafted some stuff here and there, interacted with most of npc's, and played doll house (in a manly way). Brought back a lot of memories of the good old gaming days and a realization of how PC games should be made. I totally understand that the game is still in it's development phases and that a lot of the implications are still in the works. With that being said, the combat still lacks (felt like I was playing Runescape with my little nephew). I didn't care much for the world map traveling either. The NPC interactions and questing seems to be on dull side. Overall, my faith in the future for this game is showing me such a great potential of what lies ahead, that I made a hefty pledge. Hat's off to Richard and the team for making this happen again. Looking forward to it. :)

7. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

The Graff Gem Mines
    ---

8. Breezewind

Breezewind Avatar

hint: If you wish to complete this quest successfully, take a look at your journal to find what you need to say. I was awarded 1000 gold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.