Housing for the Founder Edelmann Pledge

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Lord-Galiwyn, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

Looking at the pledge level Edelmann
    • Edelmann Village Waterfront Cabana - A waterfront, German-style Cabana, sitting on stilts, in the water, attached to your Village property by a bridge (**Village waterfront lots available to Village, Town, or City property deed holders; early founders and higher value pledges have lot selection priority **). [​IMG]
    • Founder Edelmann Village Home - Unique, upscale, German Early Founder Edelmann's home. [​IMG]
    • Edelmann Village Home - Unique, upscale, German Benefactor Edelmann's home (German home styles to be submitted and voted on by community; available only to pre-launch backers).
    • Waterfront Cabana - A uniquely identifiable Founder's, waterfront Cabana! Yep, you heard it right, a waterfront Cabana, sitting on stilts, in the water, attached to your Village property by a bridge (**Village waterfront lots available to Village, Town, or City property deed holders; early founders and higher value pledges have lot selection priority **) [​IMG]
    • Exclusive Home - Available only to backers, be the envy of the neighborhood with your upscale Early Founder Citizen's home, uniquely identifiable as a Founders Citizen house! [​IMG]
    • Exclusive Home - A unique, upscale, Benefactor Citizen's home (available only to pre-launch backers)
    • 4-Story Row House - An extra story in your Row house to hold your belongings!
    • 3-Story Row House - An extra story in your Row house to hold your belongings!
    • 2-Story Row House - A 2-story stone Row house to use as your base of operations!
    i am confused about the HOusing choices..Do we get a choice, or do we get all ?

Thanks for the Help

Duke Gréagóir and Eriador like this.
  2. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

As an Edelmann, you would receive one village-level lot deed. But for houses you would recieve all houses at and below your level. If you are a founder, you also receive all of the houses a benefactor at and below your level receives. The caveat is you can only have one house on your plot at any given time. When I last counted, an Edelmann founder received something close to 9 or 10 houses.

Duke NRaas and Lord-Galiwyn like this.
  3. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Rain of houses!

4. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

So if I want use more than one house, i need to buy the lot deed for it?

5. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

That's right. Or you change your house from time to time or you upgrade to one of the pledge levels with two lots.

6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Yes.

7. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

If you want to use the houses simultaneously then yes, you will need additional plots of land.

8. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

ok, then answer me this, will a row house fit on a village lot?

9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Yes.

10. Saosis

Saosis Avatar

Hmm didn't they say you would be able to acquire housing lots by ingame means too? And that they just don't guarantee a lot for each player?

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  11. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

It maybe will take time to pay deeds ingame after release...for a row deed in add-on you have to pay $75, the ingame gold price will be immense in proportion to this. :)

12. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

I purchased a Row lot deed to place my Row house in a location that has them.

13. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

I was able to check out all the houses available to me (Edelmann) and I was alarmed that the house square footage is actually less than houses that are available to purchase in the add-on store. In addition, they are not proportional at ALL to the Knight level house. At the very least Edelmann should be at least 1/2 the knight house in square footage since it was $575 and Knight is $800. If you spend less than half of the cost of the Edelmann pledge you can get a village lot and a house that is equal to or greater in the add on store...

Disappointed....

Olahorand likes this.
  14. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

Actually, the gap between citizen and elderman and citizen to knight is far more than half. It's a $50 compared to $250 difference. Also the knight house isn't as big as some of the houses on the store either when it really should be the biggest possible house for the village lot

15. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

I have decided to go up in my Pledge to Knight and I will have 3 houses, 1 village lot and i purchased a row lot so i can place two at a time.

16. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I believe you should have 6 houses... 2, 3, and 4 story row houses, a citizen's village house, a edelmann's village house, and a knight benefactor's keep.

17. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

you are right Sir

18. Anosa Saycosie of Gilnea

Anosa Saycosie of Gilnea Avatar

Yes Raining of houses can be hazardous to your health...
    [​IMG]

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  19. Archibald Leatherneck

Archibald Leatherneck Avatar

I am a contrarian about the sizes of unique Citizen, Edelmann, and Knight residences vs. Add-on Store houses. I will admit to being underwhelmed when I placed Citizen and Edelmann residences (Benefactor and Founder); however, the value is primarily in the Lot Deed. Not just in terms of the long-term benefit on rent but also in terms of a guarantee that you will be able to secure a lot from the very beginning. Houses themselves are relatively cheap in the Add-on Store if you value function over the status of the unique residences that you receive in return for your support of Shroud of the Avatar.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  20. Floors

Floors Avatar

It sounds like you haven't played the game and gone in and decorated houses yet.

The Edelman house is so much nicer, when decorated, as a cozy cottage type feel than any of the rather ugly layouts you can get from the add-on store housing.

The windmill has NO space, neither does the druids home. The village and town towers are kind of neat, and have about the same amount of usable space, just feel more spacious.

And the add-on store housing is just that - the ability to get even more options. If you want a Knight's keep, then upgrade to knight.

Archibald Leatherneck likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.