Questions regarding player-owned towns (lot size and owner)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jhorus, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jhorus

Jhorus Avatar

So I've been debating buying a town (I have a couple bitcoins burning a hole in my pocket).

If I buy one and get it set up with lots greater in size than village (I currently have a village lot deed), would I (as the town owner) still have to buy/get/whatever the bigger lots' deed(s) to put my own house on one of the larger lots? As I understand it, I would already have the keys to the lots, so no one could place something there unless I unlocked it. I'm hoping I worded that correctly and makes sense. :) I understand that other players would need the deeds to claim particular lots, yes, but I'm mostly wondering about the town's owner.

2. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Yes, you would still have to acquire deeds for those lots. Buying a town just gets you keys to each of your lots so you can grant permission for players to use those lots. It does not get you the actual lot deeds themselves.

On the plus side, because you control who can place in those lots, no one but the person you give permission will be able to place. So you can take all the time you need to earn those lots however you want.

Duke NRaas and Eriador like this.
  3. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I think that you also will need a deed lot, but at leat you will be 100% accepted in your own town. ;)

Orion Astrium likes this.
  4. Jhorus

Jhorus Avatar

Alright thanks folks! :)

Yeah I realized that, at the very least, I could keep my castle lot locked until I could finally afford it ;) Plus being able to get friends and/or guild-mates a place to call home without having to fight the lot priority placement schedule, etc.

5. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Well, if it's a castle lot you're wanting, you should probably know that the current plan is to restrict castle lot deeds to Lords of the Manors and keep deeds to Dukes. By the current thinking, city lots will be the biggest you can buy in-game.

Duke NRaas likes this.
  6. Jhorus

Jhorus Avatar

Oh, ok thank you. I wasn't aware of that, but that does help me yes. I guess if I must, I could "settle" for a city lot ;)

Trenyc and Orion Astrium like this.
  7. Jhorus

Jhorus Avatar

I'm not sure if this question is apropos to this thread, (I think it is), but rather than making a new thread, I'll consolidate in here:

So along the lines of player-owned town, my assumption is that I may be able to request a coastal location for my town so I can maybe have some waterfront properties.

What I am unsure about, however, is that with my current backing (Benefactor Citizen), will having a village lot deed allow me to use a village-lot sized waterfront lot? I don't think I'll have any (immediate) waterfront house with my pledge, and I'm fine with that, since I assume I'll eventually be able to buy a house in-game (boat specifically, I own a boat in real life and want my character to have a houseboat (or whatever) as well).

Can anyone enlighten me on this subject? Since my hopes for a castle have been dashed, then a boat and a slip are my next dream ;)

8. Vorshak

Vorshak Avatar

You would be able to claim a water front lot, but I do not believe you get a water front house as part of your pledge (i think its founder era only). However, owning a city, you would be able to leave a water front locked, so that no one else would be able to claim it, until you were able to get a water front house.

Duke NRaas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.