breeding horses

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by baronandy, Aug 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

i personally loved taming and breeding​

here a link of petstats from mortal online which could inspire​

these are perfectly breeded horses from mortal every horse have different stats and look.​

-so if you have a black male and white feemale (you can get a white or black horse) statwise the small horse can get randomly the stats from the father and stats from the mother .​

- if you have 1 horse with 60 dex 2 int 33 speed and 1 horse with 22 dex 6 int and 44 speed ,you hope the baby will get the dex from horse 1 and the int and speed from horse 2.​

-there was so many different looks of horses you could bread with exactly the stats you want.​

-some horses was too fast that they already lost stamina in second speed other horses regained stamina in second speed depending on there stats. some were faster in second speed and slower in 3rd speed .​

i know people who played the game only as a breeder we had a girl who did nothing else then breeding the finest horses which looks best and sold them. (in mortal you riped once a day so there was a market for good pets)​

in mortal you could stable a male and a female horse and can decide send them to training for 2 gold (they gain 10 lvl) or breed them for 2 gold , it take 4 h if you are online or not .​

it can happen that you got a new mount now (with good or bad stats) or that the newborn died​
    or the mother died. the mother die only in very very rare cases. and the newborn can die to inbreeding so you have to be in contact with other breeders to get mounts with a new bloodline.​

this system was awesome in mortal online never seen a better one​
    loved how they did it in this game , was also a reason to always visit events , because in events every creature was dominateable if it spawned with a low lvl. it made sense to visit dungeons because sometimes in hard dungeons are rare animals.

in mortal there was items you can get from hard bosses like a spider queen egg or after the hardest dungeon you got azur gloves, these items increased your taming skill for this kind of creature (spider eggs for spiders to dominate a spider queen or azur gloves to get a rare stone golem) the pve guys and also pvp guys like me loved to collect rare animals

2. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

+ you could get a pet recept from vendor and sell it afterwards in the broker to other players (sure not the best horses fro breeding they was expencive) and because of inbreeding failure chance when a pet had same stats you needed to get fresh blood in your bloodline and trade with other breeders mounts

3. Jynx

Jynx Avatar

I really loved the Animal Husbandry skill in Wurm Online. http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Animal_husbandry

We would always try to get a 5 speed horse, which referred to the 5 speed traits you could obtain. If you bred two wild horses with each other, you would have a first generation trait. Second generation horses could have 2 traits, etc. Inbreeding had a higher chance of giving bad traits.

Breeding any of the animals was very rewarding, even though time consuming. It provided a for a very specific and needed niche in the market.

4. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

This sounds mad interesting...

Star Wars Galaxies took this to even another level.

5. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

"I'm gonna have a cow and a sheep, and breed horses."

"With a cow and a sheep?!?"

"With horses and horses."

Ator! likes this.
  6. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Also this means animals should have a male and female value assigned to all of them from day one, so when they roll out this feature we can already have some pets ready for breeding someday. (that is if they cannot release the breeding feature until after episode 1 launch).

7. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Is this how I get the Knights of the Round summon?
    [​IMG]

docdoom77 and Doppelganger [MGT] like this.
  8. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

double click the round table in your house.

High Baron O`Sullivan likes this.
  9. Doppelganger [MGT]

Doppelganger [MGT] Avatar

That will probably be the only way to kill Lord British in game!

High Baron O`Sullivan likes this.
  10. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Oh I was thinking about that... If he's invulnerable we might need to figure out a way to find a bug that can cause him to fall off the edge of the world or something silly like that. Poor guy. He does so much for the community and everybody (even those who like him) still think about how they might find a way to kill the guy. I guess he has to roll with the punches.

Doppelganger [MGT] likes this.
  11. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Cool idea. Breeding would make pet ownership a much more intricate, intimate, and interesting experience. As was alluded to though, it would mean that pets would have to be expendable to control the population.

12. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

i think it not seems to happen same as advanced mechanics in different crafting professions (sandbox like) from what i have been told

why that because there wont be separated hexes for pvp and pve, with selective multiplayer they mean, that you can choose single or multiplayer but not that you have the choice to select your playstyle !!!!

so implementing an advanced crafting system woudnt make sense if there is no loot or if your pets cant be killed.
    woudnt make sense, to skill and test arround with crafting/breeding for month if you afterwards cant sell your goods. if you dont need the best fastest pet that you wont get killed and looted
    same goes for armor crafting ,weapon crafting or having a vendor and kinda all other professions except maybe a cook. no sense to program them if there wont be a player driven market/economy

who would develop an advanced crafting system and make it so that it takes month to lvl, when you just need to craft 1 armor and have no clients buying armors from you every day

i think advanced crafting mechaniques will only excist is loot games with open pvp.

you guys still think its worth to loose all those features, because people cant live with it that pve and pvp players get seperated via matchmaking and that pvpers get an exciting combat system without tab targeting ??

anyways its not on there plans to do and it wont happen, so this here will be my last post, i just searched for a post i made to copy it .
    lets see if they changed there minds after reading tons of dissapointed posts from pvp players and crafting freaks in the future , lets see i maybe come back in a year

http://www.indiedb.com/games/gloria-victis such a vision just fit my playstyle better , i cant even role play in a way i like (bounty hunter) or some kind of madevil mafia guy who tell people to give me gold when farming on my terretory , or i will murder you.

anyways good luck all pvp guys interested in sota , i can just tell my pvp thread got deleated XD with no proper reason.

the developers just not want to see it if someone tell the truth , and dont see that the pvpers are the most loyal players of games , and a lot of causuals just buy it play it a week and give up and go to the next thermepark game

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/1mp4eohyrzdti5.jpg

13. Ator!

Ator! Avatar

really love horses

14. adaamhimself

adaamhimself Avatar

don't let the guards catch you

docdoom77 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.