Mixed feelings about gameplay modes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Veylen The AenigmA, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

To me it seems like switching from mpo to spo to be able to more easily find items or reagents on vendors is a lazy shortcut and im a pretty lazy gamer but atm it kind of feels like im cheating the system in a way even tho its perfectly fine. Will this be do able at launch? Currently i dont like it but ill wait till its fleshed out until i render any kind of judgement. Just wondering how other people feel about it?

Ie being able to hop between modes to do tasks easier and faster. I do like it when i am archery and cant ever find arrows on the main owls head vendor tho so ya its a mixed bag of feelings so far

2. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

The last I heard, switching modes will have some limitations to avoid cheating. I don't remember what the projected processes were though. It's definitely been discussed by the devs.

3. Jambot

Jambot Avatar

Yes, and the very first limitation to avoid this kind of cheating is that SPO and OPO will share the very same economy in the real game. Which means that in the real game, dropping from OPO to SPO won't change the merchants' wares.

And yes, they only allow this for the moment so everyone gets their arrows and reagents to test whatever they want to test unhindered :)

4. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

I like the different game play modes. This is an absolute brilliant idea in my opinion. I'm a veteran of the old single player Ultima games, but I like also to play with other people sometimes. Sometimes with all people, sometimes only with friends and sometimes all alone. Therefore the different game modes are very important for me. And not just for me I guess :) I believe that R.G. and the devs will have solution to prevent cheating already.

5. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Amen, brother :)

Time Lord, docdoom77 and Sir Cabirus like this.
  6. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I suspect that the change to server side inventories for vendors could be a step towards having similar inventories in all the online modes.

7. Apollyon9515

Apollyon9515 Avatar

I have a feeling this will be one of the biggest things to ruin the economy. I have no idea how anyone thinks being able to easily farm items(stuff we plan to sell to get rich in game) safely in spo vs online with random other people who might be farming the same thing or people who might want to kill me for my item. I don't mind single player for some things but I see it as farming power scrolls on single player then bringing it to multi player.

Logain and Dane like this.
  8. Veylen The AenigmA

Ppl will find ways to exploit it and will be resource heavy as far as staff time dedicated to it. It just feels like a single player mmo in spo it just feels wierd

9. Enfo

Enfo Avatar

One issue I have with the Single Player would be Botters.

It is hard to report a Bot if they are playing on single player.

Apollyon9515 likes this.
  10. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

HAHAHAHHA, you do realize no one HAS to play PVP right? Even in open play its still PvE unless someone CHOOSES to set themselves to PvP

This whole thread is stupid because if anything things will be harder in single player than they will be in multiplayer because you have no one to watch your back

11. Veylen The AenigmA

U do realize u can have fruends jump into ur spo game and help out right? Why is my thread stupid again i dont see your point. Spo will likely have a variable difficulty so it wont be too hard for baddies and u can make it easier just by speccing certain ways.

Apollyon9515 likes this.
  12. King Dane

King Dane Avatar

I agree with the concerns outlined in the OP. Being able to farm loot in FPO will certainly have some strange effects of the game. I wonder if players will bother gathering/hunting in OPO at all, since FPO will have everything that OPO has minus competition for resources.

Apollyon9515 likes this.
  13. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Everyone shares the same resource nodes no matter the mode. So, if a hex has only 10 lumber any mode logging it will take that number down...you can never get more then a total in all modes of 10 in that example. This should technically make the odds of collecting from either mode about the same.

How they will have that happen? I'm not sure, but they could have it so when you load the hex in anymode it auto assigns a fragment of the max node allowance to your hex...which makes it unavailable everywhere. Which they then could weigh it out based on the mode you are in...1 or 2 wood in a single player, 9 to 10 in a mp...for instance.

Note, the numbers I put in are just there for reference and don't mean what will be the actual value.

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  14. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

Yes but is said resource is in a PvP zone anx u dont want to PvP then FPO may be a means of attaining it without being executed

15. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Or, they just flag it so it is only available in OPO for that hex? That resource will still be available in other places however without pvp, but not at those amounts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.