In-Game mini games?

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Strothers, Sep 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strothers

Strothers Avatar

Will there be mini games in-game to play with other players? Like chess, checkers? Or this sounds nuts but how about a top down dungeon and dragon style board game? Could be an isometric 2d style?

Jynx, Mata and Net like this.
  2. Net

Net Avatar

I would love to have chess. I would also love to have some 'sandboxish' minigames (playing cards, dice...) there are so many games players can play with cards or dice... no need to bother with rules for NPCs, at least not now. Same with chess, checkers and many other games. Give us board and pieces and ability to move them around the board... no need to implement the actual games (even though it would be cool). Also sandbox-ish games would allow cheating (e.g. moving pieces where they can not move), I am not sure if it is good or bad thing, but I think that playing by the rules should be optional. With ability to move pieces where we want to we could make chess puzzles and such... I think that would be rather cool.

Oh and SotA-themed Monopoly or runic Scrabbles:) Well, I am afraid those games are copyrighted, but something like that would be great. Maybe some contest for new (board/card...) game could help to introduce really interesting minigames into the game.

Mata and Strothers like this.
  3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

4. Strothers

Strothers Avatar

Yeah thats a good point, a basic set of cards and dice, and we can create or play thousands of games!

I do like the idea of having other basic game boards put into the game too. How about a SotA version of junior angler? Lol

Net likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.