What you can do to secure your own private owned lot.

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Duke William of Serenite, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I believe the assumption is that the "keys" are a single item that the owner of the town will always have in their possession. So when the owner of the town "unlocks" your lot, he will not have a physical key to give you...you'll just have permission to live on HIS property.

Gaelis likes this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Zantul, words well spoken. And indeed, I did (and do) rest my case. But I wanted to take your example a bit further.

Should the good Baron own a large town, full of many people who think the Baron is good and know him from the forums....why would anyone believe that your situation is one where the good Baron did anything but treat you fairly? Surely YOU are just crying foul in an attempt to ruin the good Barons good name.

That's the problem with having power (in real life or in a game). You can use it for good or evil. And sometimes a persons reputation does not show what the reality of the situation is.

Btw, I will own a player town that has ONE person living in it...me.

Margard likes this.
  3. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

This one from DarkStarr is pretty much identical to what was just posted and states the same thing. It looks like owners can evict at will. I don't see where the key is given to a tenant - the owner just unlocks a plot. I threw together a quick flow chart about home ownership...maybe it will clear up some confusion. I'm fairly sure it is accurate:

[​IMG]

Margard, Sunswords, Jynx and 3 others like this.
  4. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

The keys are not items but rather there is a POT owner GUI. The owner unlocks / locks at will.

@Koldar just one more line to add which is from POT ownership to lot ownership.

5. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

What sold me on what I said what that it says x keys for x lots. That says to me that there is more then one key. Otherwise why bother with x keys for x lots? So when I log I will have 30 keys for my 30 lots. Why can't I give you a key and keep 29 for myself? So if I give you a key what happens instead if just unlocking the lot? Are we sure there will be no physical key?

6. Duke William of Serenite

If there is no physical key then yes you can get ripped off. Well thanks for bringing up this issue it's a good one.

7. Duke William of Serenite

If it were one person he would find it difficult to discredit a reputation such as yours . Now if it happened to a few people then people may start to believe. Yes power can and has been used to get away with murder .

8. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Yep, choose wisely! It is simpler for the devs to implement if there are no keys. As I understood it. Also if there is an inactive player with a key locked in their bank then the POT owner wouldn't be able to unlock. This gives the owner a lot of power, yes, but there is no perfect solution here.

Koldar likes this.
  9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Well first DLMB so they could change stuff to more to what you are talking about, but so far I don't see that.

There are plenty of places. But the one I refered to earlier to you was this:

The pink flamingo is the first talk topic at 2:20.
    the real hard stuff starts at 45:15 but really the eviction is at 46:10.

Koldar likes this.
  10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Sorry to come so dickish, it's late and I should have been more courteous. Well heading of to bed now...

11. Drocis the Devious

Koldar that flowchart is AWESOME!

I'm really geeking out on it.

12. Duke William of Serenite

Heck I had a post removed! I am the same way only worse. If we don't search for answers we all walk around blind!

13. Duke William of Serenite

Thanks again for solving my mystery and all your replies. Also for the record...

*clicks heels together*

"There is no key."

"There is no key."

14. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

The key will just be like an house list were you can give rights to friends, to use certain things in your home.
    The POT will give the player full access to a plot location, which he can change at any time if you never log in or they just don't like you. You are give a plot location you have to buy the Plot.
    You can be kicked from an NPC town if you don't log in for a certain period or pay the rent. I would see paying rent on a lot in a POT being the same if you don't pay rent your house/contents go into storage. The owner will then revoke your plot rights and look for someone else.You then have to find a new empty plot if you come back later.
    Some Players that own towns may decide they are no longer going to play the game and decide to sell the Town. The new owner may want all the lots empty before he will buy it, so then everyone is kicked out.

The one thing you should not do is pay any real money to anyone, If they want a vibrant town they will give you free access if they feel they could get along with you, if they want to rip you off for real money to use a plot they will have to live in ghost town, or that a lot gullible people play SotA.

15. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

Well here's my question, as an owner of a POT, do you get your choice of tax-free lot to live on in your own town? Or is that something you still have to purchase, in addition to the POT?

16. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

No deeds included.

So yes you'd have to purchase it seperately - however there is a kicker, since there is no competition for the lot since the POT owner holds the key, they can simply scrape together the ingame gold worth instead of purchasing it with $.

17. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

@Sophi
    Exactly as @Spoon stated. Purchasing a POT only gets you the Town - it doesn't give you any deeds (which are required to claim a plot). Even if you are the owner of a POT you still need a deed to claim a plot. The means by which you obtain the deed are up to you: Pledge Ancestor+, Add-on Store, or In-game gold.

And like Spoon stated, if you own the town, there would be no competition for claiming plots so you could take as much time as you want to obtain a deed. Although, keep in mind that rent-free deeds can only be obtained through pledging. Well, since deeds are tradable, I suppose you may be able to purchase a rent-free deed from someone in game, but I wouldn't count on it.

18. Orion Astrium

Orion Astrium Avatar

What happens f a POT owner does not want to pay rent for their lot and house obtained with gold?
    The lot and house revert and are placed in the owners backpack, which they can just place again, since they control the lot.

Koldar and Sir Frank like this.
  19. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

That is exactly how it will work. There is no inherent risk in not paying rent on a plot as a POT owner since no one can take your abandoned plot without your permission. After months of inactivity, you could log back in, reclaim your plot and everything will be back to how it was prior to abandonment. But that scenario would only apply to a POT owner.

20. OverLord

OverLord Avatar

People lose keys, and people find keys, so for that very reason alone I forsee that keys will not be the only method of controlling access to your home.

An idea - a restraining order. When you evict someone you list their name with the local magistrate and if they attempt to enter your home anyway they are dealt with by local guards.

As for vendoring rights, the property owner should get his due deposited at the same time as the vendor collects the rental fees. If a player chooses not to pay the fees, on purpose or through neglect, the vendor contract should expire leaving the spot for someone else to rent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.