Why NO pvp.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Lanatir, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirinan

Sirinan Avatar

@UA - I apologized for the language - twice - while you remain entirely unrepentant on your part. How many posts is this, by the way, about that use of language?

2. Lanatir

Lanatir Avatar

Duke, that is MY POINT. People play games to FORGET the worries of the world. And thats why i think there needs to be strong protection mechanisms against any form of griefing whatsoever.

I NEVER intended to make it seem like all pvpers are in need or psychological treatment (even tho i have to admit, the people who tanked that funeral in my oppinion are), i merely tried to explain why we 'carebears', at least the ones i know, are so strictly against pvp.
    Because it seemed to me that the pvp players simply couldnt understand what we dont like about their preferred playstyle.

3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Well another thread dragging into name calling and anger...

4. Illesac

Illesac Avatar

I choose to delete everything I wrote but I echo @Crachazz

PS - I don't choose to walk 8 mile in Detroit and then ask why I got robbed at gunpoint. People's stupidity (holding a funeral in a battleground) should not be protected.

5. Illesac

Illesac Avatar

@Lanatir - in the beautiful example you provided there seems to be a striking contradiction to your message.

18 - people thought the attacks were justified in some manner either for LOLz or gameplay mechanics
    6 - thought it a heinous crime against humanity
    6 - undetermined or duplicate posts

6. ND3G

ND3G Avatar

Oh, look a love-in thread for all the resident PvP haters.

You certainty picked the wrong game to back Lanatir. SotA is going to be chalk full of PvP.

The guys at Portalrium are not complete idiots and so they wouldn't even think of nixing PvP but if for some crazy reason they did they had better be prepared to hand back the vast majority of money they collected during their Kickstarter campaign.

Besides, with Selective Multiplayer nothing like this could ever happen in SotA unless the group holding the funeral went well out of their way to make it happen.

7. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

You can PvP as much as you want, as long as I don't see any of you PvP-players in the world due to me selecting to just see PvE-players I couldn't care less. So much for your open PvP- and PK-stuff.

8. ND3G

ND3G Avatar

@Lord_Darkmoon Are you speaking to me, because if so I couldn't agree with you more. I don't want to see the carebears in-game anymore than they want to see me. For all intensive purposes it will seem like an open pvp world to those of us that choose to play that style of game because we will never see the carebears support staff.

9. rschultzy80

rschultzy80 Avatar

@Lanatir " That is simple. http://www.gamesradar.com/the-wow-funeral-raid-four-years-later/ Check that site, watch the video. pvp attracts people that do exactly those kinds of things. And i dont want those people in the same game i play."

It is simple, you're the same knee-jerk reactionist as politicians and the media. Why don't we ban hammers because people get killed by them some times. Who cares if carpenters all lose their jobs.

What a joke OP

Edit @OP "After reading all your other posts this is exactly the answer i expected from someone like you."

An intelligent answer? Because most of what UA is well thought out and insightful.

10. Ultima Aficionado

Ultima Aficionado Avatar

@ND3G:

I do not want to see the world divided into different spheres. That said, if it boils down to it let them have their game. They'll begin to wonder what they're missing out on and they'll come over in hordes. HOWEVER, the PVP server is not going to impose ANY restrictions on the players, not sure how the whole virtue system is going to fit in. There will be full loot, that is not negotiable.

11. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

@ ND3G Removing PvP from the game is a ridiculous idea. PvP is important to many people and therefore it has a rightful place in an MMO. PvP-fans shall enjoy this type of gaming.
    It should only be integrated in a way so that it doesn't interfere with PvE and it should not force PvE-players into PvP. So the solution of seeing only PvP-players if you do PvP is great, imho. This way PvP-fans can do PvP, and PvE-fans can do PvE.

12. Rydel

Rydel Avatar

@Ultima Aficionado Just like they do on PvE servers in all the other games, right?

Oh, wait...

13. Ultima Aficionado

Ultima Aficionado Avatar

@Rydel:

That's why the most populated servers in other games (WoW) are PVP servers? I can see you did thorough research, Oh... wait...

14. Rydel

Rydel Avatar

Flaw with that explaination - the PvP servers were more popular at launch. The PvP servers being more popular isn't caused by some PvE emmigration, it's been that way the whole time.

15. Ultima Aficionado

Ultima Aficionado Avatar

That *explanation* is not flawed. It is a fact.

16. Rydel

Rydel Avatar

PvP server were bigger originally. PvP servers stayed bigger. How does that show the PvE players are leaving for PvP?

17. ND3G

ND3G Avatar

What difference does it make which play style is more popular. So long as both play styles ARE available everyone can be happy-ish.

18. Ultima Aficionado

Ultima Aficionado Avatar

It doesn't matter man, just sick of them creating that argument.

19. Rydel

Rydel Avatar

@Ultima Aficionado Ironically, my post was caused by the same feeling.
    A number of times on the forum, I've seen concerns of PvE players dismissed with "they'll get bored on PvE and start PvPing, so it doesn't matter."
    It's not supported by evidence (which shows that PvP players tend to stay PvP and PvE players tend the stay PvE) and is based solely off the assumption that all other players will be interested in the same things the claimant is.

20. Ultima Aficionado

Ultima Aficionado Avatar

@Rydel:

I guess I just don't see anything exciting in teaming up with players against a computer. Maybe you do...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.