switching weapons

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Xi_, Nov 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I'd like to be able to switch weapons without switching decks, if i have a useless glyph in my deck because I don't have the right weapon in hand it ain't no bodies buisness but mine .....

blaquerogue, Budner and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  2. Doletron

Doletron Avatar

I understand what you mean, but don't you build decks for the weapon of choice? What would be the benefit to switch a weapon and not a deck unless a particular combo was ready for a different weapon. If that is the case you would need a great measure of skill to keep track of not only the card but also the weapon that it works with. Just seems a little overcomplicated. Why not have a particular deck coinside with a particular weapon instead?

Zantul, Moonshadow and Duke Raas like this.
  3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

you can mix your skill points, bludgeon then to swords, of course im not going to give away the best ones :cool: to mix together! It can be done and and work well.

Moonshadow likes this.
  4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

but it would be nice to have the cards switch out as well!!

Moonshadow likes this.
  5. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

say I have both archery glyphs and blade glyphs in my deck and I have them locked, I want to shoot them till they get close then pull out a sword, you can currently do this, just not in the middle of combat, not against a skilled oponent anyway. I know I can make two decks with locked equipment and switch but this isn't viable in the middle of combat do to the cooldowns on a locked deck.

6. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

It doesn't switch decks now when you switch weapons (does it???), so I'm not sure what/why you are asking....

7. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I don't want to switch decks, I just want to switch weapons

8. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

*backs away slowly*

Duke Raas and Moonshadow like this.
  9. Doletron

Doletron Avatar

True, the current system needs a little work. My point was instead of continual switching between weapons with one deck would be inefficient because you could get archery moves when you are using a sword. Now if the decks switched when you switched weapons, it would resolve this issue. Currently when you switch decks you take a huge hit to focus if I am not mistaken. Asking for a reduction of the hit or maybe a skill that passively does this might be in order.

10. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

its pointless to switch weps/deck without switching your wep skills also, unless you're going to put pts into multiple wep skills - which may be do-able over the long term, but then we're back to a discussion of skill caps. All this skill switching we're playing with in the releases, I'm pretty sure that's not going to be as easy or cost-free when we go live. Personally I vote for no skill caps, but that's been discussed in another thread.

Moonshadow likes this.
  11. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Provided the team delivers the "Trainers" portion mentioned for R12, we'll probably see it become a lot more difficult to switch skills pretty soon. :)

Moonshadow likes this.
  12. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I I agree. If trainers are delivered as promised, we'll see some of how easy or hard it is to switch skills around. However, it may be just as easy a now, once you've acquired a skill. The only way it gets harder is if you have to visit a trainer to switch decks around. And I'm not sure that there's any benefit to making that as the standard. So what we have is a person needing to go to a trainer to learn a skill and to level a skill. But to add or remove skills you already know to or from your deck, should a visit to a trainer, or the equivalent, be necessary? How will deck building be affected by trainers?

13. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

I would say trainers should have no impact at all in that regards.

Provided you have successfully trained in say "Archery" and "Blades" skills, one should have the capability to create two decks for either skill-set.

And given that, one should be able to switch between them whenever you want, with the appropriate focus cost. :)

Sophi and Net like this.
  14. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Decks get tied to a set of equipment. And decks are full of abilities that are based upon weapon type.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.