R12 Flag Open PvP Challenge

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by TEK, Nov 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sciamano

Sciamano Avatar

I personally will have it on the moment I log in and will not turn it off....ever....if you want to camp me feel free just know that you will have a fight on your hands! *grins*

Okay being real I am one of the more..."hardcore" pvpers so I wont turn it off even if I am being camped, I will try to bring friends in if its outnumbered or learn the tactics of tucking tail and bolting it if there is zero chance of winning. If I have a chance in hell you best believe I will fight for it.

While I understand your statement and sort of agree with you I wish you would reconsider. The more people who weigh in on the systems of combat specifically related to pvp the better it will be long run. Even if you can get loot later on having the actual combat "balanced" and working correctly is just as important. Each person that plays and experiments with it can have unique perspectives and help polish the game.

Understanding that Pre-Alpha testing isn't for everyone and I can understand that but I did enjoy seeing you on the battlefield. :)

Jynx, Abydos, Gaelis and 4 others like this.
  2. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

If you want to learn how to PvP, flagging open will be a great way to learn. Trial by fireball.

I figure to be open PvP maybe a third of the time or less. I don't want to deal with open PvP while I'm grinding vs. monsters or socializing. After I level up a bit, I figure I'll flag open more and more.

3. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

You know, i have considered this a bit. However im still hesitant on doing so.

4. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

What's the penalty? Worst case, you die, get a dose of humility, and immediately resurrect. Not like you lose XP or equipment.

I would flag open PvP 100% of the time but don't want the nuisance while hunting, etc.

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  5. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

This is true. Fine welcome the newest member of open pvp flag club. Ranked number one in death. :)

6. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

Don't you stand a chance of losing anything else you're carrying though? Resources, reagents, potions, etc?

7. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I'm up to that challenge as well.

While we might have good feedback we should all keep in mind that they haven't implemented all the features that may influence PvP. Therefore, there might be some kind of system in place that will make people think twice about committing "murder" in cold blood.

I can't imagine that they won't have some kind of karma system if Open PvP turns out to be a free for all. We need to give them feedback about this.

Gaelis, Sophi and Keira OFaolain like this.
  8. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

why not? PvP is flag based not zone based.

9. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

In the final version of the game, yes. However, I haven't seen anything yet that says looting will be implemented this release. For that matter I haven't seen that for R13 either. So looting could be planned for next year. On the other hand, maybe it. Will sneak in this time around. ;)

Keira OFaolain and Budner like this.
  10. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Res killing shouldn't be an issue that should be a problem for us in "pre-alpha" this is to be expected unless they have the ghost mechanic in place like they said. If we become a ghost then how can we be res killed?

I think we should just play this with the hope that the current PvP system will change over time. Our feedback is probably important.

11. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Um... Okay then. o_O

12. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

It may be zone based, but I have never heard that anywhere. Some have asked for PvP players to be grouped together and you never ever see a non PvP player.

Also we have only seen zone based PvP so far except for dualing.

I'm guessing the PvP flag will make all people flagged for PvP to be open to attack by other PvPers. I never had the expectation that it would open up a new instance just for PvPers.

EDIT: If PvPers and non PvPers are in the same zone we have the issue of PvE players healing people in combat and not being able to be attacked for it. So who knows.

13. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

ahhh. well perhaps for the purposes of testing i may try it out then, we'll see :)

14. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Even if People want full loot, it is never going to happen in this game. Full loot is out of the question as much as we ask for it unless they implement some type of guild war option for it where all parties accept the consequences. We might get a compromise of some kind that makes most of us happy though.

15. smack

smack Avatar

I think you misunderstood the use of the /zone command. If you are flagged Open PvP, logging out and going into SPO mode while still flagged won't protect you. So someone else that is flagged Open PvP but in OPO can /zone to you, even if you're in SPO. The /zone command works across gameplay modes currently (it's a bug, they're aware of it).

I hope they fix that bug. Because to heal someone, you have to go into combat mode to activate the skill against your target. So unless you are also flagged Open PvP (or in a PvP-only zone), you shouldn't be able to take action against your target, even for healing.

Never say never. They stated in the original MegaPost that people flagged Open PvP (individually or Guild Open PvP) may get more loot (than simply PvP-only zone kills) due to the increased risk of Open PvP. Just continue to push for what that "increased loot" is.

Duke Raas likes this.
  16. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I think you misunderstood the use of the /zone command. If you are flagged Open PvP, logging out and going into SPO mode while still flagged won't protect you. So someone else that is flagged Open PvP but in OPO can /zone to you, even if you're in SPO. The /zone command works across gameplay modes currently (it's a bug, they're aware of it).

Good because nobody should just dodge out of PvP so quickly anyway. They shouldn't just switch to SPO mode whenever they want anyway.

I hope they fix that bug. Because to heal someone, you have to go into combat mode to activate the skill against your target. So unless you are also flagged Open PvP (or in a PvP-only zone), you shouldn't be able to take action against your target, even for healing.

For all we know they have dealt with this matter though. I don't even know if they will segregated PvPers and Non PvPers.

Never say never. They stated in the original MegaPost that people flagged Open PvP (individually or Guild Open PvP) may get more loot (than simply PvP-only zone kills) due to the increased risk of Open PvP. Just continue to push for what that "increased loot" is.

I agree. Why not ask for it. Although I'm willing to accept a compromise that is reasonable. I'm not going to get my hopes up, and also full loot like there was in UO just doesn't seem like it would work well for a game like SotA. Dragging and dropping weapons and armor out of a corpse box is old fasioned. Taking armor off of a persons corpse should take time anyway.

I'm not saying this to be disagreeable for no reason. I'm just pointing out that this will likely be different than what we have experienced previously.

17. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

GM's zoning to users in-game obviously need a means to zone to any type of instance.

So, more an intended feature for a command we are not meant to have access to in the first place, rather than a "bug", I would say. :)

smack likes this.
  18. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Switching to SPO will be a valid way to avoid PvP situations you want to get out of. I can't see a way around that. Since /zone is a temporary command, once it goes away there won't be anyway to track them when they switch modes. The only way to avoid this situation is to not allow logging off when in a fight. But after that, they can vanish like a ghost.

Moonshadow and Duke Raas like this.
  19. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

Your forgetting that when you Rez, you start at the beginning if the instance. A griefer can just stand there killing anyone who chooses the auto Rez option.

20. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

The current resurrection system is *not* the final implementation. It is simply a temporary placeholder while the real system is being worked on.

Spawn point camping will hopefully not be an issue in the final version. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.