Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Exit, No Wait!

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by Dorham Isycle, Nov 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Can we get an option to get a confirmation to exit an instance please, So often I run out by mistake because that fade to black lags & I'm out.

Godspeed, Amberraine and Duke Raas like this.
  2. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

I'd very much like to see this as well, or at least to make all the 'fading' equal. In some places (where there isn't an obvious gate) it's happened so fast that I don't have time to stop if I'm not watching really closely. I'd like to have a bit more time to realise what's happening, so I can back away if I don't want to leave.

3. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Isn't the fading screen confirmation enough? I mean why wouldn't you stop walking, watching the screen fade if you didn't want to exit?

4. Sebastion

Sebastion Avatar

Not sure if it is lag or not but sometimes in the heat of the moment I can run out before relizing it is fadding. Sucks when in combat and still have a bunch of unlooted dead lying around.

Not sure I would want to confirm it all the time though. Maybe there could be options.

5. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

Because sometimes (in previous releases at least - haven't played this one yet), I'll be running around exploring, having no idea where the edge of the scene is, and the fade will happen so quickly that I don't have enough warning to back off. My reflexes aren't that fast. :)

If there's one of those pretty stone archways, or even just the arrow signpost, then it's obvious there's an exit coming up and I don't see a need for confirmation, but I'm not sure if they've added those to every scene. If I know the exit is nearby, it's not an issue. It's the ones where there's no visual warning until you suddenly encounter the edge that get me, the 'blackout' is too fast for me to react to if I'm running.

It's not so much that I've exited by mistake, either, as the time spent waiting for the overland map to load and then having to re-enter the scene you were in and wait for that to load again - with the associated risk of the game hanging or crashing entirely, too. That's what I find most irritating at the moment.

6. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

While the fading is enough for me, I see no issue with adding an option for an exit-confirmation dialogue for those that are impacted by it.

7. Clatter Hatter

Clatter Hatter Avatar

For me, no.
    Especially as it often is hard to tell in which direction I should move to NOT exit.
    So, I can stop walking, no problem, then turn around a bit, but I am not sure I did a 180° turn. And any step in the wrong direction might lead to a disastrous two minutes loading screen.

Sebastion likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.