How to use buffing effects?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wyrcan, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wyrcan

wyrcan Avatar

Hello all,

I have been playing the R12 and have built my own deck... but I am at a loss on how to deal with the buffs.

I have most of my points in heavy armor and blades... and when I let them all randomly rotate through it is quite a pain to figure out which are buffs and which are attacks....

So I locked down 3 of my card slots and put in Inner Strength and 2 other buffs that seem like they would be useful... but now they sit dark until the fight is over before I can usually launch them...

am I missing something? What is the trick to using the buffs?

Thanks everyone!

2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

First off, welcome to the forums!

What do you mean by buffs? Abilities like Riposte?

3. wyrcan

wyrcan Avatar

By buffs I mean generally (from wiki) "beneficial effects are referred to as buffs, and hindering effects are called debuffs."

But in specific to SOTA I mean for example:

Inner Strength - Temp increase to STR
    Defensive Stance - reduce damage at cost of speed
    Absorb Impacts - reduce damage at cost of armor damage

another one I would think would be very handy to have locked down would be "Knights Grace - remove stuns" but also it seems to be unavailable for a long amount of time before I can use it as well.

Thanks for the welcome and help.

4. wyrcan

wyrcan Avatar

Noone has run into this? Is the popular method to just let them randomly rotate through?

5. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Not sure if it is the popular method, though using random draw is how I use them, so I know they work in that manner.

When I'm playing though, the deck for my tank character tends to populated with a majority of buffs, so they tend to always be available, hence there has never been a need to lock them.

-----

The locked slots should become available again once the cooldown completes, so it is possible you are encountering a bug.

wyrcan likes this.
  6. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

If your looking for more buffs look to Magic and focus so you can increase your deck size and increase the speed of your draw and slow down your discard speed,,, after that add skills that you need to your deck , make sure you add all of your buffs and you might try adding say 3 of each combat and 5 of your wanted buff she how well it randomizes and if its what your looking for ,,,,, to many buffs .... increase your weapon cards to say 4 and decrease buffs to 3 or 2 ..... Hope that kind of makes sense to you .

wyrcan likes this.
  7. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I run a random deck myself. The only way to differentiate between buffs, debuts, and other skills is to become familiar with the different icons. The more skills you run, the harder it will be to memorize them. Yeah, I know that's pretty obvious. I run 5 skills all maxed, so it's not to bad for me. Remember that you can do power combos with the same skills, that way your buffs last longer.

wyrcan likes this.
  8. wyrcan

wyrcan Avatar

Ok... I am still trying to grasp this...

So if I have a buff, lets say "inner strength" locked down.. I have to wait some time for it to be available... because its locked down....

but if I drag the multiple cards into the deck.. say I put 4/5 "inner strength" into the deck and have the 1 locked down.. shouldn't it become available to me on the lock down as soon as the deck randomly hits one of the 4 I have in the deck?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense I'm not sure I have a grasp of this, I feel like I'm missing something.

edit: can I place more chances into the single locked down slot...?

9. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Buying a glyph multiple times when it is locked down just seems to lower the focus cost.

wyrcan likes this.
  10. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

When the random draw of "Inner Strength" occurs, you can then use the random glyph.

The other glyph you have in a locked slot is still inaccessible until its cooldown completes.

11. Town-Portal

Town-Portal Avatar

I would absolutely love if the buffs were longer, and castable on other people.
    I always loved going around buffing new people... don't ask me why...
    In SoTA, i just go around and heal people in the lower level areas... it pleases me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.