Pausing the game

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by ColtonK, Nov 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtonK

ColtonK Avatar

I noticed the game does not pause when you look at the internet or mail. Is this normal.. You can really die fast thinking the game pauses when switching to a different task.

Mata likes this.
  2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

First off, welcome to the community!

They could potentially add a pause function to single player offline, but online games never have pause.

3. ColtonK

ColtonK Avatar

Guess I never thought of this as an online game. I have always played Ultima as stand-alone game.

Thanks.

docdoom77, Mata and TheMadHermit like this.
  4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

This is both in that it is selective multiplayer. When the game launches, you can play in 4 different modes.

1. Single player offline. If you have the client from the website (not Steam) then you can play 100% offline with no DRM. Perhaps they can add pause to his mode, but this mode isn't offered during testing.
    2. Single player online. You won't see any other player in your game, but the game will pull online data (whose houses are where, player crafted items into loot tables, player economy).
    3. Friends only online. This mode will let you play online with your friends list in your instances, but you won't see any players in game who aren't on your friends list.
    4. Multiplayer Online. You see everyone unless you block them. This is somewhat like an MMO mode.

During the pre-alpha tests, only two of these modes are like (Single Player Online / Multiplayer Online) because they need to get testing data from us and they can't do that if we're playing offline.

Mata and smack like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.