Best place to level in the Vale?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Pecosbilbo, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pecosbilbo

Pecosbilbo Avatar

Hands down deep ravenwood. Level 37 here getting 1800xp a pop from obsidian wolves. The hides are pretty good money too.

Keira OFaolain and Mata like this.
  2. Sadistik

Sadistik Avatar

Hey thanks for sharing,

I am just starting tho and pretty much everything kills me in 2 shots.
    where can a low level go to start killing stuff?

3. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

You can grab a few early levels in South Valeway, kill the Alpha Wolf and turn that in to Bodan, and then kill the Undead there and collect their Ectoplasmic Residue, do it with a group if you have to.

Take the Ectoplasmic Residue to Owl's Head and find the lord in the upper quarter of the city. Collect his bounty on undead, 50 gold per ectoplasmic residue.

Take that money to the Lunar rift near the entrance of the city, wait till it cycles to Ferig's Battle Camp, go through.

Approach the Quartermaster in the camp, buy yourself some platemail.

From that point on you should be able to take on most encounters.

4. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Haven't been deep into Ravenswood, but 1800xp a pop sounds pretty awesome. Have been doing a grouping in Vertas and was getting good xp and gold (at least I thought so!).

Better to get Augmented Iron Armour from Owl's Head rather than ordinary Iron plate from Ferig's Battle Camp. I pointed that out yesterday and was called all the noobs under the sun until we compared stats. Augmented armour is slightly more expensive but not a lot more.

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Deep Racenswood is more XP for high level but less loot and you have to keep running around trying to find the MOBs before someone else.
    Vertas pass the MOBs come to you, so no running around, and better loot after you sell the weaponry.

6. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Don't forget SPO. That's really the best choice for leveling!

7. Sadistik

Sadistik Avatar

Thanks a lot for the info, have much gold do i have to gather for Augmented Iron Armour ?

8. ughbuh

ughbuh Avatar

1084 gold for a full suit of augmented plate from owls head
    408 gold for a full suit of augmented leather

9. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

North Ravenwood ftw.....go bandit camp, you could almost sit there afk *cough* .... Xp isn't amazing, but they spawn fast and you can kill them fast..........can make some decent money quickly here, also decent spawns for cooper and reagents.

10. Sadistik

Sadistik Avatar

how come when i go to owls head all i see is 8k gold for one piece ?
    What guy can i talk to for this 1k gold set?

11. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Go to the marketplace in the northern / upper part of Owl's Head. On the east side of the marketplace are two buildings, you want the northern one. Inside is a vendor selling armour.

Not sure what armour sells for 8k a piece. Could be something else altogether.

dchatley2 likes this.
  12. Sadistik

Sadistik Avatar

oh wow thanks i found it :) !

13. Pecosbilbo

Pecosbilbo Avatar

If you can survive to owls head city, find the blue teleporter. It is straight left from the entrance. every 20 seconds the teleporter will change to a new zone. once it changes to ferigs battle camp double click on the teleporter and head to ferigs. in ferigs camp you can find tons of free gear to outfit your soldier in any way you see fit. most fo the weapons and shields are pretty good and will get you a decent ways in the game

Mata likes this.
  14. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Tried Deep Ravenswood. There aren't that many Obsidian Wolves but they do yield 1800xp. Near them are Elder Wolves and Large Grey Wolves (?) both of which offer lower xp, circa 800 and 1100 (can't remember exactly). There are also large bears and large undead which offer around 800+ xp each. This is good xp per npc but they are a bit sparse.

The armour shop in Owl's Head has free weapons too (of all kinds), plus afaik the best armour (Augmented Iron Plate has stats (iirc): 5, 0.85, 3). The Founder's Cutlass (free in the shop) seems to be one of the best options if you use Blades; I haven't found a sword with better stats but I haven't exactly performed an exhaustive search.

In terms of shields the Iron Triangle shield has the same stats as the round iron shield (don't think this was true in R11). The latter is a start item (?) while the former is easy to find on mobs (undead / elves?), I know the triangle shield can be found for free in Greymark Forest perhaps also at Ferig's (not sure).

15. Fantasticpow

Fantasticpow Avatar

Can we get an update on good place to farm for good XP in R13? I get tired of the wolves.

16. Azbolg

Azbolg Avatar

Doesn't really exist yet. But the best place is probably the swamp.

There is a ton of new zones they are going to release, probably in R14 or R15.

I've heard the new continent is massive btw. So there will probably be challenges, but again, realistically it's going to take 6+ months to get it out polished, but they are making great progress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.