Anyone have trouble occasionally looting?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hightower, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hightower

Hightower Avatar

I think I may be clicking too quick. It's mostly the elves in Greymark Forest. Sometimes as I kill them, I double click and then I cannot loot them. Body stays for five minutes then, before disappearing.

Budner likes this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Have the same thing but it is very intermittent so very hard to reproduce for a report. Sometimes it seems related to not being able to "hit" the body, but sometimes that certain bodies become unlootable.

3. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Yeah maybe 1 in 20 I can't loot. Always elves in Greymark.

4. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

me i have problems with the skell archer in front of obsidion keep he likes to hide under the ground or water when he dies:)

5. Aegis159

Aegis159 Avatar

I look at it a couple different ways, both being bugs, but the why being different.
    Not everything we kill will have something of use, so we're not able to loot them. Unfortunately the timer on the body is still on which is why the bodies remain for as long as they do.
    The other thought is just as others have said, it's a selection bug, where it's just locked the body for some reason.

One other possibility is perhaps someone else had already attacked the mob but for some reason didn't finish it off and it's kept it's flagging in place?

Just ideas...

6. smack

smack Avatar

I've had the same thing happen to animals in town like stags and turkeys.

7. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

It would be handy in water or uneven areas to loot by clicking on the dead monster gump. In fact this would be a great way to target mobs rather than having to catch them with your mouse gump when they are in a crowd.

8. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

some times you have to move your cursor around the area where the body fell a bit to get the loot option or skinning knife option. especially in cases where the body is partially or completely buried in the ground or water. Also, would not be shocked to learn that 1 in 20, as someone on this thread mentioned, have to loot to take.

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  9. Fredrick FlameGrinder

Fredrick FlameGrinder Avatar

I've seen similar, and like an Elve die, and keep shooting while dead...or the body skateboarding around etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.