Stretch Goal - Elf Question

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Lazarus Blackstar2, Dec 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazarus Blackstar2

Lazarus Blackstar2 Avatar

Hi there,

in the Stretch Goals, it reads:

When you purchase an item, you will receive it as an in-game reward, even if the goal is not met. If a stretch goal is met

and the "Elves Stretch Goal" says:
    Prior to meeting this stretch goal, players will be able to wear the outfits and use the weapons. If this stretch goal is met, players will be able to choose Elf as a playable race during character creation and the items will have additional functionality when used with elves.

My Question is:

What happens if i purchase -for example- the Elven Complete Package, but the Stretch Goal will not met at the end?
    Will i be able to Play an Elf, or do i just get the items? (Cloak,Robe,Bow, etc..)

Jivalax Azon and Time Lord like this.
  2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

If the stretch goal is not met, you can not play as an Elf, but you will get all the items.

Personally what I'd like to see is Portalarium to tweak the stretch goal store. Allow purchases in the Stretch Goal store to count towards your total for pledge tiers. That would encourage people to spend more and perhaps actually unlock some of these goals.

3. Lazarus Blackstar2

Then I don't see the sense in buying any of the Elf Items (except for the House), unless they are far better than the items You could ever get from Monster loot.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  4. enderandrew

What if you just like the look of them and want to look different from other players?

Schmidbauer likes this.
  5. Lazarus Blackstar2

Mmhmh.. *thinking* would you seriously change your outfit, just to like different, when you're inside a town? .... and then change your outfit again, while exploring the wilderness or dungeons?
    Well for me i can surely say: i wouldnt! i'd like to have the best items equipped, that i own! i dont need a wedding tuxedo, fancy elves clothes or look like a captain, when i can equipp something, that has better stats! But that's just me

I guess those clothings are just for roleplay reasons, which is ok ;-)

6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes.
    =)
    I have a minimum of three decks just for "show", a fine outfit, a fun outfit, a bathing outfit, then also the combat decks.

Duke Raas and Arianna like this.
  7. Hightower

Hightower Avatar

Until you said this Spoon, I never thought about wardrobe changes. Now I see what the feature to lock in equipment in a deck is for. :)

I think it would be easier instead of creating new abilities and lore for other races, just sell skins in the store. Elves are roughly the same size as humans, so animation could be the same. Harder to do, I would like to have a dwarf skin me self. :)
    If still only allowed one character per account, allow a race change skin, and a name change ability if desired in the cash store.

8. enderandrew

I'm really hoping to see more clothing in the game so that our characters don't always look near identical running around in plate armor all the time.

Schmidbauer and Lord Baldrith like this.
  9. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

That elf home concept we saw during the Streamathon was awesome! I might just dump a pledge in there for that :)

enderandrew likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.