Lot deed question.

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Frigidazzi, Dec 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frigidazzi

Frigidazzi Avatar

Greetings everyone,

I apologize if this is a repost, I have been googling and sifting through forum threads and I still cannot find an answer to my question.

My question is regarding the lot deed. I want to purchase one with in game money. I cannot for the life of me figure out: if a unique vendor sells them? Is the plot already placed and can be purchased via sign? or if each town has a deed vendor for that specific zone?

2nd is the price of the lot deed. I thought I read somewhere that it is around 2k?

Thank you in advance.

2. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

WELCOME to the game! :)

We dont have lot deeds yet.

You buy a house via house sign , you can tell that its availible for purchase by the runic text on the sign as opposed to blank signs which are owned by players.

Lots are 20k for row lots and 60k for keep/castle lots.

You then buy a HOUSE deed to put on your lot , and they are sold at the entrance in Owl's head and cost 10k-60k aswell!

Frigidazzi likes this.
  3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Note that those prices will change by release. :) My village lot was 30k.

Frigidazzi and Duke Arradin like this.
  4. Frigidazzi

Frigidazzi Avatar

Thank you for the prompt reply. You have answered my questions. :)
    Looks like I have a little more saving up left to do. Haha.

5. Frigidazzi

Frigidazzi Avatar

Will they be more expensive after release?

6. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Absolutely. The current pricing is, what they said, CLOSER to what they THINK it will be like on release. But that is subject to change up until the day the game is released.

Also remember that there will be a monthly tax to all lots you get with ingame gold once game is released, if you don't have a pledge level which gives you house lots. Those are rent free for life.

Duke Raas likes this.
  7. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Most likely.

At the moment, the devs have simply increased the value to a magnitude they consider to be closer to final pricing.

However, if one refers to the ratio used on the Add-On store, all the prices will probably need to be adjusted to match :

So starting with a row lot being 20000 :
    A village lot should then be (165 / 85) = 1.94 times more than that (38823). ​
    A town lot should be (450 / 85) = 5.29 times more (105882)​
    A city lot should be (1050 / 85) = 12.35 times more (247058).​

So, the scales are a bit off at the moment.

Work-in-progress obviously. :)

Frigidazzi likes this.
  8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Actually in terms of price I think it's rather subjective right now. Right now I can grind and earn the gold inside of about 4 hours.. give or take. So I would say 30k really isn't all that much. Upon release it should be a LOT harder to earn the same value of gold. Gold right now is relatively cheap then.

The final value of gold is something we should expect to change dramatically. So in a sense.. even if the price doesn't change.. the value of that price will. Also, Richard had talked at one point of having a 3 coin currency.. copper/bronze, silver and gold. IF that happens the percieved value of currency will change that much more. What is 100 gold now could be 100 bronze or 1 silver later.

Bottom line.. pre-alpha. They haven't done any real economy stuff yet.. that we can see.

Frigidazzi and Duke Raas like this.
  9. na0cho

na0cho Avatar

pretty new to the game myself: is housing finite or do they plan to add more if needed?(i realize what we are playing on now is a small small portion of the world map)

im assuming since they can add player villages , adding housing would be no sweat. just curious.

i wonder how idocs will work!

10. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Aye, could explain why Thomas Strongbeard refers to "silver" as a method of payment in his speech. :)

11. na0cho

na0cho Avatar

i hope so.
    i just read a thread where someone was making 2k per crafted leather armor.
    pve cash is pretty fast as well.

it should not be EASY to get a house right away, and all the houses SHOULDN'T be gone by the first weekend of release.
    unless of course you contributed towards the developement of the game(rewards)

Frigidazzi likes this.
  12. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Both. :) Housing is finite but they have said they can add new towns if there's a high demand. Also new land will be opening with each of the 5 episodes. The expansion of each episode is said to double the size of the world map each time (remains to be seen but that's the plan). So there will be a lot of new housing lots opening periodically as new episodes are released.

Player owned towns provide even more housing of course. So while there will be a theoretical upper limit, that limit should be pretty high and we won't hit it for several years and again they can always add new housing areas if needed.

na0cho likes this.
  13. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

To be honest, if the game launched and plots of land were 30k, it would be a complete slap in the face to those who pledged for a rent free plot. Currently you can grind 30k within 2 days (easily) and you would have to assume that the monthly rent would be less than the plot is worth.

14. na0cho

na0cho Avatar

totally agree with you here.

and i am not one who has pledged for the free rent plot.

E n v y likes this.
  15. Frigidazzi

Frigidazzi Avatar

Ahh thanks for all the input everyone. Looks like I will have to work on filling up my coin purse more. :D

In UO it took me about a year and a half to own a small house. (Of course I was about 12-13 at the time.) So I think I am mentally prepared for whatever SoTa launches for housing. ;)

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  16. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Upon release, the smallest house should cost around one billion gold. And the deed more. Don't screw the backers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.