PvPers, would you play full-time on a full loot, open world PvP dedicated server?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Murdock, Dec 3, 2014.

?

PvPers, would you play full-time on a full loot, open world PvP dedicated server?

Poll closed Dec 13, 2014.
  1. Yes

55.3%
  2. No

39.5%
  3. Undecided

5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

What did PvP 'win'?

The thread and poll is "only" for pvpers and about pvp, what did you expect to happen?

Secondary servers with different rulesets won't happen, it shouldnt happen.

I know nostalgica is strong, but damn, look at the facts already. It won't work, never did.

Joviex and Sebastion like this.
  2. Dhal

Dhal Avatar

In no way does your "discussion" include the topic discussed. It introduces another idea that in no way supports the OP. It's introducing Trammel to the game, which is the exact model that the original idea is against. Running 2 parallel worlds together, does not work, historically documented and proven.

blaquerogue, KokeLoD and Moonshadow like this.
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I'm not trying to derail the thread, but if your OP is so narrow that counter ideas are not allowed to be spoken then it's not much of a discussion.

Joviex likes this.
  4. King Dane

King Dane Avatar

For the sake of answering the OP, I would play on such a server, not only as a PvPer, but also as a crafter. Crafters are more rare on these servers and, although more vulnerable, more meaningful. As it stands currently, there will be no crafters flagged for PvP, unless they are plagued by severe magical or mental handicaps, because there is no benefit, and is a host of consequences.

I support the idea of the OP because it would give rise to a dead niche of players who live and die as crafters in the flag of PvP, who would no longer have to compete with SPO crafters and non-PvP flagged crafters. Truth be told, there is no competing with SPO/non-PvP crafters, so crafters, regardless of how they would like to play, are instead forced by necessity to play on safer settings to maximize profit (admittedly, only a small minority of crafters want to avail themselves to PvP). So, by providing a server as described in the OP, one of the few forgotten play niches would be reborn (perfect for a game like this where everyone is supposed to get what they're looking for).

EDIT: I agree with Drocis that this idea is unrealistic, and goes against the devs goals to have everyone within reach of one another. Still, the aforementioned on/off switch is the central point of a separate server, and it would exist hypothetically to stop wares from inevitably moving from the safest gathering means to PvP ends.

blaquerogue, Moonshadow and Joviex like this.
  5. Mata

Mata Avatar

I also voted even though I was not allowed. :D

Ich habe auch abgestimmt obwohl ich nicht durfte. :D

6. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

Not sure if I was allowed to vote, but I did, since I do enjoy pvp .... just not under the rigid circumstances asked for in this thread.

7. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I'm a PvPer and I voted No. The only positive from what is suggested is the full loot. There are many negatives such as smaller populations and activity and reduced trade.

I would love full loot, but I'm not so precious that I would going to a different server.

8. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

20 plus is a majority over 40k people.... that is a new one on me.

even if this is supposed to be a reasonable sample, they are gonna need a few thousand votes.

Hence why all these polls, for anything around here, are a complete joke.

9. Sebastion

Sebastion Avatar

I am actually looking for a open world full loot pvp game too. But such a game will need both the pvpers and the more peaceful crafters,merchants,gathers ect to be playing in the same world.

I really dont see it working well if you separate the two. And I have seen plenty of evidence to support this conclusion.

So even though I would love to play in an open world full loot pvp game(which Sota will not be), I do not want a separate server situation that splits the two types of play.

mikeaw1101 and Moonshadow like this.
  10. Sebastion

Sebastion Avatar

Yup, Well said. If anything we should be pushing towards full loot.

Moonshadow and E n v y like this.
  11. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Their will be loot,but not full loot from what i understand you will get a percentage of what they are carrying or they may pay a ransom to keep the item's.

12. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

This is what so many fail to realize.

13. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Which will affect the rest of the game. I am against that, due to the fact it encourages the use of cheap gear and banking your good stuff. I'm ok with limited looting however.

14. Sebastion

Sebastion Avatar

Yeah.. I am not expecting to get full loot here . I am just suggesting that currently the no loot/loss is more of a problem than the pvp option.

As for leaving stuff in the bank. I think people will use what ever they need to stay competitive. If someone does not have enough of something to justify loosing then the bank is probably a good place for it until they do. Flashy decorative types of things may get saved for show in safer situations. But so what really.

I think they even spoke of such things in the 12 hour stream.

15. Murdock

Murdock Avatar

Sebastion, full loot may never happen. However, if we can move to a more middle ground...me (and many real PvPers) would be much happier. And to your point, the game would be much healthier for all involved.

blaquerogue and KokeLoD like this.
  16. Murdock

Murdock Avatar

That's fair Xandra. Thanks for your input.

17. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Im going to argue your post there about crafters in PVP. Correction, I craft weapons and armor, and i PVP, I also played in Felucca in UO, as a crafter and PVPr. When i hear people make statements like you did there, Its a dead giveaway, that you dont particularly like open full loot PVP! I knew many crafters in any PVP game ive ever played, if it was on a separate server (god i wish there was one for PVP) what we do there would not effect your PVE/partial PVP whatever you call it game server. Some of your friends may want to go over there to PVP server and play, more so than you think. Either play style is fine by me as long as it doesn't effect me!

Murdock and Keira OFaolain like this.
  18. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I think full loot is a but much. I like the two item ransom thingy we decided to use here. I played Darkfall for 4 years I am over it.

No thank you.

Xandra7 likes this.
  19. Stanwood

Stanwood Avatar

I'm not going to kick a dead horse -- Ultima Online absolutely spoiled me and has ruined every online gaming experience I have had since.

I knew what SoTA was and what is was not when I backed it, but I'd love the old sense of immersion, danger, accomplishment, betrayal, and risk v. reward that can only be had in games where you stand to lose everything if you're not a mindful player.

20. Lord Colin

Lord Colin Avatar

I think anything less than full loot in a PvP is a fatal mistake.

I will be playing on the full PvP server if offered as it will have a demonstrably stronger economy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.